1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brady rips ESPN.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, May 14, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Tom Brady Rips ESPN

Michael David SmithPosted May 13th 2008 8:16PM by Michael David Smith
    Filed under: Patriots, NFL Media Watch, Boston, Featured Stories, The Word, ESPN
    Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ripped ESPN today for its coverage of the Patriots' Spygate scandal.

Appearing on the Boston radio station WEEI, Brady suggested that the reason Patriotgate has stayed in the news is that the media in general and ESPN specifically are looking to fabricate a controversy.

"I think it's a way to really sell newspapers, and all the ESPN stations, they've got to fill the air, too," Brady said.

When it was pointed out to Brady that many of the ex-NFL players who work at ESPN were harshly critical of the Patriots and suggested that they gained a huge advantage from stealing signals, Brady said, "It's just kind of the environment right now, though. I think that's the way that guys make it. They just say the craziest things. That's what ESPN has become. ESPN, to me, is like MTV without the videos, ESPN is without the highlights."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/05/13/tom-brady-rips-espn/?icid=100214839x1202109705x1200085393

Just admit that you got caught and had very little to pay for it!!!

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Brayd rips ESPN.

He's right: ESPN is full of ****.

Doesn't make him any less of a f'n cheater though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Brayd rips ESPN.

He is right but on this subject in particular, I don't think anything was blown out of perportion.
    We'll see how well they do without spygate this season!!

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Right on both counts. :tup:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Brayd? Man if I typed that you would be all over it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Tom B
    [​IMG]
    maybe he thinks ESPN should do what the NFL network is doing
    and play it down and say it no big deal (I.E Rod woodson)

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Brayd rips ESPN.

This was amazingly overhyped and too much air time was spent talking about it, which is why I participated in exactly ZERO of the threads that had to do with Walsh and spygate.

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Yep... and how many of their Superbowl bids were won because of one score games???

Divisional: NEW ENGLAND 16, Oakland 13 (OT); (3 POINTS)
    AFC Championship: New England 24, PITTSBURGH 17 (7 POINTS)
    Super Bowl XXXVI: New England 20, St. Louis 17 (3 POINTS)

Divisional: NEW ENGLAND 17, Tennessee 14; (3 POINTS)
    Superbowl XXXVIII: New England 32, Carolina 29 (3 POINTS)

Super Bowl XXXIX: New England 24, Philadelphia 21 (3 POINTS)

And some people still dare to argue that in a game where one play, one bounce of the ball, ONE INCH, can make the difference between a drive, a game and a season, that the Patriots didn't benefit from knowing the oposing teams signals?

SIX GAMES were decided by one score. FIVE GAMES of those games were decided by 3 POINTS. And this is assuming their cheating didn't contribute to winning multiple score games (an all too generous assumption).

How many people invest thousands of dollars into their team each season? Do they not have the right to see their team compete on a level playing field. How many ballclubs invest HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS into their franchise? Do they not have the right to see their fortune rise or fall based on an even playing field?

This is not one guy cheating. It is not one play where a player got away with holding. This is *institutionalized* fraud at an organizational level.

The NFL will never take away their trophies but all NFL fans (aside from the Cheatriots fans) know that there will forever be 3 asterisks hovering above the three Lombardi Trophies sitting in New England Patriots' stadium.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Huh?

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brayd rips ESPN.

If you cant keep up take notes...

Title of this thread is "Brayd rips ESPN" Not "Brady rips ESPN".

Given B4L's past history of attacking the slightest misspelling, or use of slang, I would have thought he would be above such mistakes.

Just saying if it were me, he would be all over it acting the good little spelling notcy....

Edit: it is good that the mods have changes the title, but the original thread title is shown in each post. :yes:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Church M'Fer!

I still stand by my theory that they were decoding at halftime as an advantage in the 3rd and specifically in the 4thQ.

Now that ESPN is not sucking on Brady's jock and slobbering over the greatness of the Patriots he is all bent?

STFU you whiny little *****.

Their SBs will always and forever be TAINTED

12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Brayd rips ESPN.

I suspect some Pat fans know it too, somewhere deep down. They'll just never admit it.

13. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Brayd rips ESPN.

As much as I hate Brayd, he is totally right (but for the wrong reason).

ESPN goes for the big splash. Who ever yells the loudest. And I won't say they blew this story out of proportion, but they just yelled about it instead of really investigating or intelligently discussing it. Whenever they discussed it it was always he said she said, everybody's doing it, or cheater cheater pumpkin eater. It was like a bunch of 5 year olds carrying on.

The way they handled it actually "cheapened" the transgression committed by the Patriots IMO.

14. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Brayd rips ESPN.

No way, though did they have time to anything substantive at halftime, but they did it for a reason... It was of great benefit the next time they played. That's when it really mattered.

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Brayd rips ESPN.

I beg to differ. I think that they most certainly could have gotten info from the tapes during half time. If all they got out of it was when the D was Blitzing, that is huge.

Also remember when they busted the guy at the Jets game in week 1, he was trying to get in to the Pat's locker room AT halftime.

One other thing of note, Walsh stopped working for them in 2002? What cheating practices were being undertaken after that? No one has been talked to that worked the videos from 2003-2006.

The Philly players are on record as saying that in the 2nd HALF they "Never saw so many screens." Others who have written about the game have mentioned the Blitz / Screen relationship was much higher in the 2nd half of that SB.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Yes and some of the articles on this indicated that the Patriots put the information to use in the second half of the games.

And they did this for 7 years. So if someone thinks that has been talked about too much, then we will have to agree to disagree. They got off light IMO!

17. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Brayd rips ESPN.

[​IMG]

Well, well, well. Look who just just fackin’ exawnerated far cheating by Rawjah fackin’ Goodell himself? BILLY BELICHICK AND THE REST OF AMERICA’S TEAM, THE FACKIN’ NEW ENGLAND PAYTREE-UHTS! That fackin’ ***** snitch Matty Wawlsh didn’t have any hahhhhhhhhd evidence that my boys cheated in any way, shape, or farm. Case fackin’ closed. PUT THAT IN YOUR TAPE RECARDER AND JERK AWFF TO IT!

I know you fackin’ ****** hatahs out they-ah hoped far a different result. I know you held out hope, against all hope, that the fackin’ Pats jugguhnut was just some kind of illusion. But it’s nawt, you fackin’ losahs! Our collective dawminance was just as real as this Tazmanian Devil tattoo on my bicep. Look at fackin’ Taz! He’s fackin crazy, just like the fackin’ Tawmstah!

Anyway, now that The Genius and my beloved fackin’ Paytree-uts have been clee-uhed of all chaaaaaaaaahges, it’s time to collect some gawddamn restitution. That’s right! You fackin’ people owe the entiah Celtics Nation an Apawlogy.

And $3,000 trillion in punitive damages.

I don’t think you fackin’ ******s could possibly cawmprehend the terrible haaaaahtache this SpyGate case has caused, both to myself and the greater Massachusetts pawpulation. We have fackin’ suffahed a grave injustice, and now we demand to be paid far it! Now, I know you dahkies out there like to piss and moan all day long about how you deserve reparations. Maybe you fackin’ dahkies should try lookin’ far a job instead! My buddy Neil needs a busboy over at his pub/tanning salawn.

Furth-ah-mor-ah, I demand that the final scar of Super Bowl Farty Two be over-fackin’turned. That’s right! WE were not the ones who cheated! By accusing us of cheating, EVERYONE ELSE gained an unfay-uh psychomological advantage! That’s REAL cheating!

This entiah cawtroversy took an unimaginable toll on Tawmmy Brady, Tedi fackin’ Bruschi, and the rest of ow-ah heroes! You don’t think they wouldn’t have plowed the Giants like a Puerto Rican schoolgarl if they didn’t have that **** hangin’ over they-ah heads?! Such was they-ah despay-uh, that even the legendary rooting pow-ah of the great Baston faithful could not override it. And I think you know just how unlikely that is!

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! THE PATS EASILY WON THAT GAME IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE BY SIXTY FACKING POINTS, YOU FACKS!

So I want that game overturned. And I want my money. I told my garlfriend I’d take hah to Cancun. BUT I WANNA DUMP HAH AND PAAAAHTY WITH SOME NARTHEASTERN U. TAIL INSTEAD!!!!

This has been a very hahhhd time for the great people of Celtics Nation. We have been terribly wronged. And now ow-ah great Celtics are being screwed out of a Cawnference Finals berth, depriving us awl of the Lakahs-Celts Finals that everyone in America wants WITHOUT A SINGLE EXCEPTION OF ANY FACKIN’ KIND.

All because of the refs and that facking LeBrawn dahkie. Everything thinks he’s so great. BUT HE DOESN’T HAVE KEVIN FACKIN’ MCHALE’S EYE-UHN WILL! McHale would have knawcked that big dumb dahkie right on his ***! Then the Gahhhhden faithful would have let him have it! You think LeBrawn would be tough enough to handle that?! I THINK NOT!

LeBrawn’s not so fackin’ tough! “Oh no, that guy fouled me too haaaahd! I got a booboo! Oh no! Someone put me in a choke hold!” Sack it up, BrawnBrawn. Your mama should be well acquainted with police choke holds by now!

You clearly lack the steely resolve and determination of Tawmmy Brady and Celtics Nation. NO ONE’S FACKING TOUGHER THAN US!

So please, pay us our punitive damages. We were-ah really hurt by all this

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com...gy-and-3000-trillion-in-punitive-damages.html

18. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Brayd rips ESPN.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

19. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Thanks to the Patriots franchise for bringing the NFL down to the level of the NBA and MLB!

There is no major American sports league that can ever claim to have any measure of integrity.

Thanks for patsies fans for bringing NFL fandom to the gutter level, has there been a bigger bunch of hypocrites defending CHEATING?! Well except maybe the Donkies and the Raiturds, I just corrected myself. One of three! :lol:

Stan :rivers17:

20. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Brayd rips ESPN.

When that Idiot Goodell made the Patriots forfeit their 1st round pick in the 2007 draft was that filed under "Miss-interpretation" of a rule?? or was it for CHEATING?

These facts are as black and white as they can be.

Stan :rivers17:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    In the words of the Eagles, "get over it". it's only cheating when you get caught. Have any of you here seen anything other than spectacular press to prove otherwise?????

22. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Please point out the typo.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK. something is weird.

The top post reads "Brayd rips ESPN" but the others read "Brady."

25. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    F**k Gay Boy Brady. :icon_evil:

He's a P*ssy. :icon_twisted:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brayd rips ESPN.

It was an honest typo, no worries I am just picking on ya my Scottish friend. You know I cant be a spellun notcy even if I tried...:lol:

27. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Since when does mtv have videos?

28. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://www.bluemonkeydiscoparty.com...=&smenu=85&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=243

[​IMG]

Goats get the OK from Tom. Scapegoats, not so much.

Earlier this week, Patriot Quarterback and NFL poster child Tom Brady made some disparaging remarks about sports uber-channel ESPN and their handling of the Matt Walsh/Spygate controversy. Brady was on WEEI's Big show on Tuesday, and callously remarked that ESPN had become "Like MTV, except without the highlights."

Many reporters hit the ceiling upon hearing this news. One of the NFL's, "Do No Wrong Gang" had openly criticized not only the "World Wide Leader in Sports," but also the media outlet that broadcasts the NFL's premiere cash cow: Monday Night Football. Writers scurried to their laptops to blog the story from tiny ember into a four-alarm fire. Except for the Blue Monkey Disco Party, who decided to dig deeper into the Brady psyche. It was obvious Brady had been holding back some strong feeling about ESPN, so was their anything else the NFL's reigning MVP was angry with?

So we called and asked,"What else do you hate, Tom?"

Bill Belichick's video collection, that includes video of the St. Louis Ram’s Super Bowl walk through - Just because I’m the last person the NFL would ever accuse of cheating, why do I still have to keep these tapes? I have a big house and all, but these tapes Bill gave me to hide are taking up the entire garage. Where the Hell am I supposed to keep all my ESPY Awards?

Lost - Are they on that island or not? Are they all dead? Is this flashback taking place in the past or in the future. Jesus, pick a storyline and stick with it! Stop purposely being so damn confusing. And bring back Mr. Eko while you're at it.

Miniature Ponies - If you're not gonna ride them and you're not gonna race them, what's the point?

Gas Prices - They are getting ridiculous, even for someone like me. It cost me $1200 to gas up my helicopter to fly to the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. I know you didn't’t think I could get any cooler, but it is true, I date a supermodel and I can fly a helicopter and people may have said that I fly better than Magnum PI.

Honestly, gas prices are too high.

Cornerbacks - They're always hanging out next to my receivers and getting in the way of my passes. Hey *** clown, I'm not throwing to you, so get the hell out of the way. Except for the ones that cover Randy Moss. Those guys are doing a good job in my book.

Gisele not wearing the Wonder Woman costume - Come on!!! You already dated Leo DiCaprio, it's not getting any better than me baby. Now why don't we join the "Mile High Club" in that invisible jet of yours? Oh, did I mention my supermodel girlfriend owns an invisible jet? I can fly that too...

Rocky V - Seriously, does anybody really like this movie?

The Jets - I mean, come on, they’re the Jets! You play in New Jersey, you’we sucked for as long as I can remember, and I once saw an 11 year old girl out throw Chad Pennington at the Punt, Pass and Kick Competition. It’s really gotten ridiculous. Now is the time to hang up the cleats and get real jobs, guys. You could all go to work for the government, you f@*#ing NARCs.

Telemundo - Every time I turn this channel on, I have no idea what they are saying. It’s like playing a game in Oakland, except the costumes and camera zooms don't make me seizure like the game shows on Telemundo do.

Peyton Manning Commercials - Hey, I got a Priceless Pep Talk for you Peyton- Get the hell off my TV. MasterCard, Reebok, Oreos, Sprint and DirectTV. It never ends! You just sold me on diabetes, bad credit and a terrible wireless plan. You brother was the screw up and now he’s won as many Super Bowls as you. That said, maybe you should really start to think where your priorities are at.

Ohio State - WOLVERINESSSS!!!!

Canada - Mark my words…With all that unprotected border, you just know that they are gonna come down out of the hills and steal one of these NFL franchises. And I’m talking about professional football team -- not the Bills.

Jet packs - Got one last year. Couldn't get the damn thing to work. Stupid Soviets and their Cold War propaganda.

The lack of adequate Brett Favre retirement coverage - The man is a legend, and that's all the coverage I get? What? It was like 10, maybe 15 hours a day for a few weeks. You mean you couldn't find enough coverage to squeeze in another 3 hours a day? There wasn't a fews hours of those "NFL Yearbook:Green Bay Packers" footage of Favre to piece together a 3 or 4 hour tribute to the great #4? You are slacking ESPN! Truly shameful.

Cheaters - All of them…except for my genius coach, Bill Belichick.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Brayd rips ESPN.

Thank you there is one potential worry...

In the forum, the title reads "Brady."
    Some replies read "Brady" and some read "Brayd."

Do you see that or are my eyes deceiving me? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug:

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brayd rips ESPN.

When you initially started the thread you mistyped Brady as Brayd. SDC (I believe) edited the title, but all the posts themselves kept the RE: verbiage which had Brayd.

It doesnt matter either way, I am just bustin yer chops.:yes: