1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Flowers Mic'd Up

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Oct 6, 2014.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Pay the man

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oh for petes sake! Let it go! The man gets a game check every week! Geesh!

I would prefer if they extended his contract!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'd really like to see the guy become a mentor to the younger guys here. We're probably going to lose Johnson or Freeney or both in the offseason, Gates and Floyd are not youngins either, and Hardwick sounds like he's done. We need veteran voices like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    I know he's old, but right now, I'd take Freeney back next year. I'd wouldn't mind Johnson either.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I think everyone wants Flowers beyond this year at this juncture but if his plan is to increase his stock for the open market we're not going to see an extension anytime soon.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    You catch him commenting that KC just lost? I don' think he cares for the Chiefs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    No doubt about that. I'd be shocked if he ever garnered a $10M a year contract again, but we are set to have about $30M or more in open cap space next year, with a LOT of maneuverability in regards to guys like Jarrett Johnson, Chad Reinhart, John Phillips maybe even (yes I know it's early) Donald Brown. In a pinch we could easily clear up even more cap room for guys like Dunlap, Mathews, Royal, Freeney (hopefully), Liuget (early) etc...

If Telesco is actually determined to keep Flowers money shouldn't be the main issue, it'll be about attitude, age, health, and how he performs against #1 receivers like De. Thomas later on.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    Yeah, pretty sure 10/19 is circled on his calendar...and maybe 12/28 (in KC) even more so...he'd love some INTs...

• Like Like x 1
  10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That's just pure conjecture. Brandon obviously is loving it here. He and Royal are great friends, and I think he loves the idea of playing the Chiefs twice a year. For the right money, I bet he'd sign a deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah. He is clearly not happy about the way the Chiefs treated him. And what's really stupid is that it's all about measurables. The KC GM likes bigger corners. Who cares how tall a corner is if he can ball like Flowers?

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Johnson is playing as good as he has since he's been here, and Freeney is flying around. Would not be surprised at all to see one or both of those guys back on 1 or 2 year deals.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'd like to see the Bolts lock this guy up for a while. He has helped improve a very weak position not only with his play but helping those around him be better. Like Matty, think he can be a huge help to the young'ins still learning the ropes and he just seems to make it fun to be good. If this team and go into the second half of the season somewhat healthy with a bit of stability I can see some big time picks and ruined afternoons of their opponents at the delight of all Bolt fans.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I wouldn't mind it at all, especially if we're going to focus on the O-line in the draft. We have a good amount of cap space available to us next year, and over $100M available in 2016, and that is not including any cap limit increases that are likely to come.

We should expect Rivers, Weddle, Liuget, and Dunlap to get a good chunk of it of course....maybe even a 1 year deal for Gates if he keeps up this resurgence. But Flowers should fit in.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1