1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brandon Lang

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, May 8, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    Does Brandon Lang Make the team not practice squad?

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    yes.

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    better question, if he makes it who gets cut for him, and which linebacker position will he take, rolb,lolb,ilb who gets cut for him

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I think he could snap up the spot currently held by Tucker or Applewhite

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    probally but i want to see this kid on the field game one

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm sure Norv will find a way to squeeze him into the roster

7. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    yea i want him on the field, he reminds me of demarcus ware kinda,just his moves and how he flows to the ball,think about that,merriman and a demarcuss ware type of player

8. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    He will take the spot of Harris or Tucker. Applewhite is going to be a stud.

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    :lol: I don't get the Applewhite love. Over 2 seasons he's played in 15 games, he has 20 tackles and half a sack. And when he is on the field he's just kinda going through motions and taking up space...so why the love? Is it because he went to SDSU?

10. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Does anybody know of any decent scouting reports besides Draftcountdown's which is below?

Of course his 40 is slow, but it sounds like he plays faster than he timed. He is intriguing and may be a great fit for this D next year if Merriman leaves. He is no Merriman, but then again Mathews is no LT in his prime either...and we don't need them to replace the talent, only the production, which both seem to have the skills and talent surrounding them to do.

Height: 6-3¾ | Weight: 266 | 40-Time: 4.99
    Brandon Lang | Troy Trojans
    Official Bio

Strengths:
    Terrific athlete --- Has a rangy frame with long arms --- Explosive with a burst --- Plays faster than he times --- Can bend off the edge and get around the corner --- Does a great job in pursuit --- Covers a lot of ground --- Good balance and agility --- Excellent feet --- Fluid hips and has shown the ability to drop into coverage --- Active with a fantastic motor --- Powerful hitter --- Pretty productive --- Offers some versatility.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have the ideal bulk you look for --- Needs to get stronger --- An inconsistent tackler --- Questionable instincts and awareness --- Isn't overly sudden off the snap --- Poor change of direction skills --- Not stout at the point of attack --- Sub par run defender --- Doesn't always use proper leverage --- Struggles to get off blocks --- Too aggressive at times --- Durability is a concern --- Hasn't faced a lot of top competition.

Notes:
    A three-year starter for the Trojans --- Named 1st Team All-Sun Belt in 2008 and 2009 --- Hails from the same college program that produced NFL stars Osi Umenyiora and DeMarcus Ware --- Originally signed with Georgia out of high school but wound up attending Hargrave Military Academy and a Kansas junior college to get his grades in order before landing at Troy --- Missed most of the 2007 season with a serious knee (ACL) injury --- Classic 'tweener who could project to either defensive end or outside linebacker at the next level --- Best fit might come in a 3-4 defense where he can capitalize on his ability to rush off the edge.

11. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    He hasn't had much opportunity and was hurt all of last year. To me, it has nothing to do with SDSU, I just like the guy. I could be wrong, however I KNOW he is better than Tucker.