1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Taylor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, Apr 27, 2012.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    good pick..

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    I guessed it. :)

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Sweet, the Safety I wanted that was not going to be a reach for us. Solid speed and tackling. I got 1 pick right.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    The Chargers hit three major needs with three straight picks, all defense, and got three potential starters within a year. How could you hate it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Ok good was worried you werent gonna like this pick either for a second. :tup:

6. ChargerMech

ChargerMech BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    My thoughts exactly :roflmao:

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Every player we draft has the opportunity to be a starter within a year. I like this draft so far for sure. But not anywhere near where you are putting it.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Admittedly I'm more optimistic about this draft than others but I see a lot of potential stars but at the least starters in a year if not less. I see three guys who are talented and fit what the Chargers need - a pass rushing terror, a stout defensive end who can beat double teams and a strong safety who can play in the box.

9. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I like the pick - we needed another saftey, and we got a thumper who like Eric Weddle, always seems to be around the football.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I dunno I think the Ingram steal and Reyes was value in the second too keeps our draft in the A grade range. Did other teams have better drafts?? Yea so far Minn and NE had pretty good drafts and are keeping their grade up.

11. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :tup:

12. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Im liking what the Colts are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Considering the trade up at the end of the third to get a WR and the top 2 TEs id say they are doin good to get Luck off to a fast start. Not necesarrily a GREAT job drafting just yet, just wise decisions being made.

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Lookin back at all the QBs gone so far and lookin at Cousins NFL bio, im kinda baffled at Seattle and PHily passing on him? Well less philly I think Foley(foles...whatever) was rated higher (no 71 to Cousins 73....)

So yea wtf Id take Cousins over Foles and Russel Wilson.

Although now I recognize that name Russel Wilson the next Drew Brees. Im gonna be intersted to watch his career but wtf? I gotta watch it in Seattle?? LAme. Id still say i like what Cousins brings as a 6-3 QB than what Wilson will produce from the get go even as qb2.

15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Less Brees more Doug Flutie on Wilson, but I think he'll be a starter at some point (just not sure for how long). He's intelligent, mobile, and has a really high football IQ - which is going to appeal to a lot of coaches, if for no other reason than he's like Seneca Wallace or Billy Volek (he'll consistently be you backup no matter how many OC's or scheme changes you go through - he'll be able to pick it up). He also has much better arm strength than Cousins does.

Foles is dumb as a rock, Andy Reid's just can't resist not taking a QB in any draft. Cousins' knock is lack of arm strength (in that he doesn't put enough zip on a number of his throws that he tends to hang a lot of them out there - and he has some really questionable decision-making). In short, he reminds me a lot of current incarnation Carson Palmer/Matt Cassel - so if the Chiefs want to view him as their QBotF I'm all for it!

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    They're doing a good job drafting, but that defense is going to be porous beyond belief this year - which doesn't exactly fit with the pound-the-rock, ball-control offense that it appears Pagano wants to implement there (and which is the best fit for Luck).

Great job getting him some offensive weapons, but I think I would have supplanted the Allen pick with some kind of big body for their DL because they have maybe one viable 5-Tech on their roster, no viable NG, and their ILB's are all too small to play in the 3-4 and shed blocks. And then there's their secondary which was up there with Dallas' and Carolina's last year for worst in the league.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I never said they as a team would do any better or on playoff contention level. Im just sayin they are doing eveyrthing they can to make Luck comfortable and able to perform well this year.

18. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Damn good pick ... I dont know how every one else feels but Im proud of A.J for finally haing a pretty damn good draft I can honestly say im happy with all 3 of our picks so far .. I really am

19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    AJ has done very good, absolutely no reaches do far.

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Drafting at number 1 is pretty easy...

I think it's been a pretty great draft so far. I'm not an expert on anything, but everything I've read or seen on our picks have been solid, smart choices that look to plug in right away.

21. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271

if you watch the first 20 seconds... this dude got some serious swag.. maybe itll rub off on weddle :p

22. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    ^^^^ not to mention the song is tight

23. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Thanks to the song, I can't watch the video in Germany. To me, it's not that tight.