1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brandyn Dombrowski still Learning, fighting

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Brandyn Dombrowski did some things well and also got beat at times in his first NFL start last Sunday. But one thing he did consistently was play physically, which is one sign he has an upside.

That was evident on one play in the fourth quarter where the young right guard got knocked to the ground by nose tackle Kelly Gregg but got right back up and hit the next man in his way, linebacker Ray Lewis.

Said Dombrowski: “My dad always told me, ‘You can have bad plays, but you can't have a bad game if you go hard.’ ”

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Too bad he didn't do it on 4th and 2.....

[​IMG]

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    He wasn't around that play

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's why Sproles got nailed in the backfield.....:lol:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    No, but nice try
    If you watch the video Lewis comes between center and left guard at the same time Dielman is pulling. Dombrowski can't be expected to cover the other side of the line on a pulling play

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You right, if Dielman had chipped Lewis Sproles would have had a chance. Dielman is still listed as probable with illness.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It looked to me that M ski missed the chip.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Dielman was pulling right and ran right past Lewis.

video clip

[​IMG]

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Mski is engaged, Dielman runs right past a wide open lane in which Lewis goes through untouched. I'm not saying I'm right, but it looks like Dman screwed the pooch.

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    If we assume its an off tackle run then Dielman was following his instructions by pulling and leading Sproles into the point of attack. He could have kept his head on a swivel a little better perhaps to see Lewis but with the assumption of hte play, Dielman was following his orders and Lewis hit the play in the place and time it'd be most vulnerable

And regarding dombrowski, the play for an off tackle is to run either directly off the right tackle or, if that hole is filled, to run between right guard and right tackle. Either way, Dombrowski is engaged in taking care of his attacker one on one and is not supposed to move elsewhere

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I here you, but I don't really know what play was called. It could have been a misdirection or trap play. Since I have no inside info nor am I privy to what was called no argument from me.:icon_toast:

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Ref the thread heading, Dombrowski can go all the way back to school and start over. He is not ready period.