1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brees already champing for Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Pat Yasinskas
    ESPN
    4-6-2010

If you asked me to name the two best players in the NFC South at the moment, the answer would be New Orleans' Drew Brees and Carolina's Steve Smith.

If you asked me to name the two most competitive people I’ve met in my life, the answer would be the same. We all are well aware of Smith’s competitive nature and how it sometimes spills over and gets him in trouble.

Brees is a little more subtle. But being around him a lot last season, I got to see that side of him. It was especially apparent later in the Super Bowl run when everyone was doing the obligatory story on Brees’ arrival in New Orleans after the San Diego Chargers basically told him to hit the road. You could always tell Brees still carried some strong feelings because his pride was wounded by that incident.

Pride and competitiveness is part of what fuels Brees (and Smith) and it’s good to see that hasn’t gone away. Brees recently did a radio interview with a San Diego station and he admitted he already is fired up about getting a chance to play against the Chargers in the preseason. Yes, the preseason.

“You know what?" Brees said. “I’ll be honest, it got me a little excited. I saw when they announced it, I was actually here in San Diego. I guess they announced it last week, I saw it kind of pop up on TV and I got a little excited. You know, third preseason game, that’s where the starters will get the most significant playing time of any time in the preseason."

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Didn't the Chargers & Saints already play in London? :icon_shrug:

4. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Please, don't remind me! :icon_tease:

5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    The Chargers told him to "hit the road" huh

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    "basically" bullshit, but if that's how people want to write history so be it, but facts would be a nice touch.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah.

Basically.

I mean, it's not like we offered him a contract or anything and he turned it down for more guaranteed money in NO when NO ONE knew if he would ever throw again, but yeah, we basically told him to leave.

:freak:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Lying **** stain.

Sic English, Applewhite, & Tucker on him to get them some experience eating QB's. :tup:

9. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Bad result.
    Great pi**up though:icon_toast: