1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brees, Chargers to discuss contract

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargerpower, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Looks like we are keeping both Rivers and Brees next year.

2. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm glad that both QB's will possibly be here. Brees will most likely sign for less with the injury and Rivers will possibly be worth more after next season.

3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    i dont think i agree with keeping rivers. If we found a nice backup , i would trade rivers because we can get something for him that can help in other areas. i know there would be some backups available.

4. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    They will try to trade Rivers this offseason. I think Smith was a bit peeved that Brees revealed his intentions to sign him long term. But Smith didn't Blame him for being honest. Smith is really big on maintaining leverage in dealing with trades. That's why he has been tight-lipped about his QB plans.

I just don't know if I'd want a high draft pick for Rivers or another player. I kept thinking they should trade for someone like Mike Williams from Detroit. For one thing, you cut down on the "bust" factor of drafting a player. And two, your cap number is very low. That may be Rivers greatest value to other teams -- the fact that his cap number will be almost minimal. The Chargers will be the one to take the cap hit.