1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brett Elliot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I hope this kid looks good, and at least makes the practice squad.

~~~~~~~~~~

Portland Tribune - Brett Elliot story

Elliott plans to stay in pro ball
    Former Linfield QB, now in San Diego, is in it for long haul

By Jason Vondersmith

The Portland Tribune

He’ll enter the San Diego Chargers’ training camp this month as the No. 4 quarterback, and with an outside chance of making the team – on its practice squad, or being relegated to NFL Europe.

No matter what happens, record-setting Linfield QB Brett Elliott plans to persevere in pro football.

Click link above for the rest of the story ....

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I do too.

From the minicamp reports, Feeley sucks eggs. He won't be with the team in 2007. That leaves an opening for Elliott at the #3 spot as Whitehurst moves to #2.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    In Rivers rookie season, he moved past Flutie to become the #2 by the end of the season (although Flutie got the finale start vs. KC in 2004).

I could see Whitehurst becoming the #2 sometime this year, dropping Feeley to #3. If Elliot shows some promise, then he gets the #3 next season.

I would like to see Elliot in NFLE next year. It gives us a reason to watch those games.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup.

I go along with that. Elliott in NFLE would give him more experience. He's the least college tested of the 3 (Rivers, Whitehurst, Elliott).

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Elliot is the perfect candidate for NFLE. A guy who played against lessor competition in college, and who is a #4 on a team's roster - hoping to develop into a #3 for the following season.

Putting him in NFLE gives SD the opportunity to see if he can develop into a #3 (or more). Practice reps are VERY limited for a #4 QB.

Good pre-draft story on Elliot by Pastabelli.

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    BRING ON WHITEHURST!!! :icon_banana: