1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bring On The Titans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Bring On The Titans

by Marty Caswell-

The last time the San Diego Chargers and Tennesee Titans faced off, the Bolts escaped with a 23-17 OT thriller, thanks to LaDainain Tomlinson's game-winning 16-yard touchdown run.

But it was a game filled with ugly penalties, major injuries, questionable cheap shots, and dirty insinuations against Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher that makes this Sunday's game a must-see, winner take all thriller.

Although San Diego has home field advantage in what's expected to be a soggy, rain-filled game, the Chargers are seeking their first playoff win in over 13 years after early first round exits in 2006 and 2004 and head coach Norv Turner is looking for what would be only his second playoff win.

San Diego is heavily favored with a nine point spread and circumstance appears to be turning in their favor. Vince Young suffered a hamstring injury in the regular-season finale against the Indianpolis Colts and is questionable for the game, and the Titans suffered a double whammy with the loss of their top two receiving threats, WR Roydell Williams and TE Bo Scaife.

However, there is something to be said about a revenge win and Tomlinson knows the Titans will come here with something to prove.

"Usually the team that lost the game has a little bit more to prove and usually you play to that as competitors. I'm pretty sure that's the way they feel. They'll be ready to play so they'll be tough to deal with."

A regular-season game that was labeled of the most physical games of the season by both sides expects to be even higher in a game that requires no further motivation.

Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch expects another hard-hitting, agressive game.

"It's definitely going to be an emotionally charged game. We feel like we let it slip when they came here, we let it get away from us. We feel like we should have won the game. I think we're looking forward to the rematch. Personally I don't have any bad blood but at the same time I feel like we should have handled business the first time and we're going to have to go out there and play hard and be agressive."

Click HERE for the entire article including a "So what do the experts think?" segment.

2. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I expect a hardhitting rain-drenched game with difficulties at the passing game. Bolts got to get on the board quickly. With a leading throughout the game there will be no problems. It will be nailbiting when the points are close.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If it's a sloppy field, the Chargers have even more of an edge with ball control.

4. DarthBurrito

DarthBurrito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    The DarthBurrito feels good about this game.

Do not fear, my people, we will reign supreme.

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    titans must die.:yes:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    After today, "Remember the Titans" will have a very negative meaning in TN. :lol: