1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos are cursed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Manning won't be happy.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Somebody forgot to sacrifice a chicken in their camp

5. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    i hate to hear any athlete gets injured, but the less solid weapons they have the better for us......

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Lots of ACL's since OTA's started in the league.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    That's, in part, because a decent amount of players don't stay in playing shape year-round (not that they should be expected to), but you run the risk when you lay-off for a period then come back and are expected to pick up where you left off - especially when your union has been working towards scaling back the amount of "non-essential" practices/workouts its players are required to attend.
    ACL tears are also injuries that can commonly be "non-contact" injuries, so simple things like not being used to running routes regularly, or planting wrong in the sod while trying to run with a player you're not accustom to the tendencies of as you would normally be your regular teammates, can lead to an awkward positioning, shift in weight/balance, and BAM... adios Senor Ligament.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    High ankle sprain for Rodgers-Cromartie
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 31, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
    The Broncos got another scare in practice today, as cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was hauled off on a cart.
    According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Rodgers-Cromartie suffered (only) a high ankle sprain.
    While that would still keep him off the field for a bit, it’s not the big bad news such as they received on Dan Koppen, who tore his ACL earlier in camp.
    High ankle sprains are typically multiple-week injuries, so the next question will be whether he’s able to return for the opener against the Ravens.

9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +509
    I think you mean, "adios Señor Ligamento".:cool:

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    ACLs in general have been tearing all over the sports world as of late. Football aside, I remember watching Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert tear theirs on the same day roughly one hour apart (the first of which killed me, as I'm a Bulls fan and it happened on my birthday).

Whatever the case may be, it certainly looks like injuries are going to be the only things that stop the Broncos from finding success this season. Just like last year, they're going to beat themselves.