1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos | Cutler upset

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 28, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Broncos | Cutler upset
    Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:07:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler is a bit upset that the Broncos were fielding calls - from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions - about trading for him. The Broncos say they did not initiate the calls, they simply received them.

Buccaneers | Were looking to acquire Cutler from Denver
    Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:07:28 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers jumped in trying to get QB Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. They then reached out to the Denver Broncos, looking to see if they could acquire QB Jay Cutler from the Broncos for Cassel if they were able to work a trade.

Lions | Were looking to acquire Cutler from Denver
    Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:07:00 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions jumped in trying to get QB Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. They then reached out to the Denver Broncos, looking to see if they could acquire QB Jay Cutler from the Broncos for Cassel if they were able to work a trade.
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    Break out the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance

He just doesn't want Phillips to keep beating that *** :lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ESPN: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

Source: Spurned Cutler wants to be traded

February 28, 2009 7:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

The source said the proposed trade was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England.

Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel were traded Saturday to Denver's AFC West rival Kansas City for a second-round pick.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos pursued the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.

In the aftermath of the trade Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos, according to the source. Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniels, the source said.

The source said Denver is no longer interested in dealing Cutler, who made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his second full season as a starter. The source said Tampa Bay, Detroit and Chicago could be possible destinations if Cutler gets his way and is traded. The source pointed out that until Cutler heard about the trade talks Saturday, he was completely happy playing for McDaniels and being in Denver.

It may be difficult for Denver to trade Cutler now because there are no other quality quarterbacks available. It would be silly to trade him to the Lions for the No. 1 overall pick and try to draft Georgia's Matthew Stafford or USC's Mark Sanchez. Neither of those players is a known commodity, while Cutler has blossomed into one of the NFL's better quarterbacks.

Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

The source said that while Denver hopes to smooth the situation over, Cutler probably will seek to depart Denver as a restricted free agent in two years. Cutler signed a six-year deal with the Broncos after he was drafted with the No. 11 overall pick in 2006.

The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

Cutler expressed displeasure when Denver fired coach Mike Shanahan in December. However, he has been publicly supportive of McDaniels and had several good meetings with the coach in the weeks since McDaniels took over. The source said Cutler was confused by the trade talk.

"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," the source said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

McDaniels will be able to get past this issue, but it may take some time. The Broncos sold McDaniels' hiring as a chance for Cutler to flourish. Seven weeks later, the pairing has taken a sudden and potentially disastrous turn.

Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels, Matt Casselhttp://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

CUTLER THINKS HE'S STILL ON THE BLOCK
    Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:25 PM
    Despite an effort by the team to explain that it wasn't and isn't trying to trade him, quarterback Jay Cutler considers himself on the block.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler told Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

Past tense. I liked it here.

And there's more.

"I'm upset," Cutler said. "I mean I'm really shocked at this point. I could see why they want [Matt] Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Coach Josh McDaniels questions the accuracy of Cutler's sources.

"We don't want to trade Jay," McDaniels told Klis. "We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

But, really, what else could McDaniels say? If they can't trade Cutler, they need to move forward.

And Cutler seems to be willing to give it a try.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

And Cutler offered a warning regarding the potential reaction of his teammates to a trade.

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."
    http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698

bwahahahahahahahaha! :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312

I just love it. Cutler needs to grow up.

7. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28

His arrogance even comes through in text.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 New Member

Ratings:
    +50

:icon_rofl:

He acts more and more like Jeff George everyday.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Cutler is a punk, straight up, no denying it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28

Without the charisma.

11. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86

this has turned out to be a great day LOL

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This made my weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111

This is pure awesomeness.

• Like Like x 1
  14. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112

The guy has nothing more than a vagina.

15. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86

Broncos | Cutler believes he's still headed out of town
    Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:58:00 -0800

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler believes the team is still trying to trade him after rumors emerged that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had tried to trade for him. "My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday, Feb. 28. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity." Tampa Bay was believed to be offering a first-round pick for Cutler. In turn, the Broncos would have flipped that pick to the New England Patriots for QB Matt Cassel, who is now with the Kansas City Chiefs. Denver, however, wasn't the one to initiate the trade talks, which were started by the Buccaneers.

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496

This should be a interesting (and by interesting I mean fun as hell) situation

BTW, this

can't be right :no: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223

Bwaaaaahahahahaha! Let the world see the cry baby Cutler is. Let them now see him for something other than the poster child they have been trying to make him.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This IS great!!!

This is interesting... they want to trade him after a Pro Bowl season? Wonder why?

20. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    Pure karma...this guy will never play for them now hes as good as gone...with this turds ego theres no way he stays in Denver. Even if they kiss and makeup Cutler will hate them for even trying this lol. This is such a meltdown i love it!:abq1::abq2::icon_party::icon_toast::icon_rofl::icon_tease:

21. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    My only regret to this is he needs to be terminated by a CHARGER BLITZ.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    CUTLER THINKS HE'S A CAT
    Posted by xxCRO31BEASTxx: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:30 PM

Quarter Back Jay Cutler from the Denver Donkies has come to a conclusion, he thinks he is a cat.

The Denver QB states: " I've been suspecting it for a while" "I'd find an urge to lick myself at times on the sidelines". As we see here, http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/videothumbs/2008/12/29/1229cutler_thumb.jpg

He has a point.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sIvWMQvGKyA/SVqqMqybPLI/AAAAAAAABxM/X264IvgZk8w/s400/emo+jay+cutler.jpg
    Many have called Jay Cutler an 'emo' athlete, now we know why "I am convinced that I am a black cat, and us black cats aren't to happy all the time".

Although most of the football world would agree that Cutler has cat like signs cough******* cough, he is not a feline, matter of fact we think he is mentally disabled.

23. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
  24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
  25. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32

Attached Files:

26. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028

Word......

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    You throw for over 4k, make the ProBowl, all the announcers hail you as the second coming and they want to trade you? Can't really see why this is considered whining on Cutler's part. Seems like a logical reaction to me.

The idiot in this scenario is this high school coach they got in McDaniels. If you are going to use a franchise QB as trade bait you better learn how to set the hook.

28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Debate over.

Rivers > Cutler

29. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    A donk fan that gets it,

• Like Like x 2
  30. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842

I find this comment insulting.:tdown:

Saying a guy is just a woman. :icon_huh:

I think he is less than that.:yes:

He's extremely immature. That doesnt mean he's a woman. More like a child.

• Like Like x 6