1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos | Cutler upset

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 28, 2009.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Chris Simms is the best QB on that roster anyway.

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Have you seen this?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f40225

Lombardi says Cutler got coached and then the little baby threw another fit thinking it was criticism. He got pointers from his coach, a coach that has experience with Tom Brady and Mat Cassel, and instead of taking the advice like a good player he goes to the media and pouts. I just love watching this little douche act like such a spoiled brat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Was this the right link? There was a little mention about Cutler but that was about it..

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

I want him to suffer defeat at the hands of PR 2x/yr. forever!! :abq2: :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I stumbled across this gem while looking for info on Cutler's gpa....enjoy,

Elway: "I think there's no doubt that Jay Cutler has a fantastic arm. He may have the strongest arm I've ever seen... Even better than Bubby Brister or Brian Griese when they were holding my jock and walking the sidelines at Mile High. I can only wonder how many yards I might have thrown for if I were blessed with an arm like Jay Cutler's. I suppose I'll have to settle for the mere 51,475 I managed to scrape together with my own cursed noodle arm."

Favre: "I'd like to echo John's praise of Cutler's arm. When I think back to my early days, my first game as an NFL starter back when Jay Cutler was 9 years old and still wetting his bed, I think I might have been somewhere close to matching Cutler's arm cannon. Playing every single game for 16 straight years tends to grind on your body, though, and I've probably lost a little zip. If I'd taken a week off here and there, I might have been able to match young Jay's physical abilities. For now, I'll have to take solace in one of the physical attributes where I know I've got Mr. Cutler beat: My pancreas' ability to produce insulin via healthy beta cells so that my body can break down blood glucose. Suck on that, Cutler. And make sure you give yourself a shot after you're done sucking on it."

Elway later went on to praise Cutler's superior intellect, saying- "Cutler went to Vanderbilt, right? I think that's adorable. My cousin got dropped on his head a few times as a baby, and he graduated from Vanderbilt with a 3.8 GPA. Meanwhile, in case anyone forgot, I graduated from STANFORD. That's one of the top academic institutions in the whole world, Cutler. I suppose Vanderbilt is a pretty decent school, too... If you're really into choo choo trains or you absolutely had to pick a college in Tennessee."

Both quarterbacks went on to repeat their praise for Cutler's incredible arm strength, lamenting the fact that it never allowed him to manage a winning record as a starter in any of his NFL seasons.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    when you're full of crap, you need 7 bathrooms!

• Like Like x 1
  8. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    This part killed me!! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

9. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    From today's Denver Post

Despite public assurances to the contrary from Dove Valley, it's looking more and more likely that the Broncos' melodrama with their starting quarterback will end badly.

Even if Cutler shows up for the offseason conditioning program Monday, it may be too little too late. Short of a complete Cutler mea culpa, which seems unlikely, this thing may have reached the point of no return.

Putting one of his area homes on the market may or may not even be relevant. I'm told his parents had been staying there while Cutler, when in town, spent most of his time at another place of his in LoDo.

More significant is Cutler's loss of his closest ally at Broncos headquarters. When he failed to return owner Pat Bowlen's phone calls in the midst of his standoff with new coach Josh McDaniels, I'm told Bowlen was apoplectic.

If McDaniels' refusal to come clean about shopping Cutler in trade talks was the eye-opener for the quarterback, Cutler's failure to return his phone calls may have done the trick for Bowlen.

Hardly noticed amid all the hubbub was that McDaniels signed free agent Chris Simms to a two-year, $6 million contract that could go considerably higher based on incentive clauses that will reward him for significant playing time.

Even without the incentives, that's a lot of money to pay someone to hold a clipboard, especially on a team with so many holes to fill and limited money with which to fill them.

You have to wonder why Simms, who bolted Tampa over the lack of opportunity to compete for the starting job, would sign so quickly with a team that gave him no chance to start, which would have been the presumption in Denver up until two weeks ago.

So I have to admit that my earlier assumption may have been dead wrong. I thought even a young coach as apparently sure of himself as McDaniels wouldn't be counting on Simms to start after throwing two NFL passes since 2006.

But assuming Sage Rosenfels wins the starting job in Minnesota, the only quarterbacks I know of making more than Simms to play backup are Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Alex Smith, all of whom signed contracts anticipating they would be starters.

Young and Leinart, Cutler's 2006 draft classmates, have since been supplanted by aging veterans who were supposed to be backups — Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner. It wouldn't make sense for McDaniels to knock down Cutler's trade value by following suit, but it does suggest that trading Cutler remains a real possibility.

The power of the Broncos to shape the thinking of their fans remains as strong as ever. Cutler had very few critics in these parts when Broncos management stood behind him. Now, less than three months after his main sponsor was fired, his critics are everywhere. Talk-show hosts who have never met him feel free to call him a baby on the air with no response from the Broncos. That kind of fissure is hard to repair.

It must have been quite a surprise for Cutler to learn he was just another employee, like you or me, and should act like one. Over the past three years, whenever he didn't comb his hair or wear a tie, someone was quick to point out he held the most high-profile job in Colorado, more prominent than even the governor's.

So which is it? Does he have a job that requires a commitment above and beyond the call, or is he just another working stiff?

True story: Last year, the Rev. Leon Kelly told kids in his Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives program he would have to cancel the summer session for lack of money. Cutler heard about it, wrote a check and the session was restored.

At Christmas, Kelly wanted to do something a little extra for the kids he's trying to keep out of gangs — a party with food and favors. Cutler wrote another check, then showed up to sign autographs. His parents helped set up the tree.

Never said a word or put out a press release either time. In fact, he let teammate Brandon Marshall get the attention for helping Open Door — Marshall gave most of his days off to the program last year — rather than draw attention to himself.

In the wake of the gang-related murder of former Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, Kelly's was a cause close to the Broncos' hearts. This is what Cutler thought commitment meant. He thought the feeling was mutual. When McDaniels took over, he learned it wasn't. Grow up, he's told now. It's a business. Don't be a baby.

So now he knows. And if he's going, he's ready.

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Keeps getting better!!

Cutler Will Not Show Up Monday

Reporting
    Vic Lombardi
    DENVER (CBS4)

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler will not report for the team's voluntary workout on Monday. Cutler and his agent met with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler remains in Denver where he recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping Monday's voluntary session.

:icon_rofl:

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :tup: :icon_rofl:

Gotta save this post for Rep!! :tup: :icon_toast:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
    A meltdown of truly historic (hysteric?) proportions is going on in the Rockys - and we get to watch. I feel like a freaking voyeur! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Just when you think it can't get any funnier :lol:

Thank you Jay - for being such a douche - you make the offseason FUN!

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    This is one of the most AWESOME posts evah!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    On the one hand, I'm sad that Cu*tler won't stay in Denver so we can keep smacking him around. On the other hand, I'm ecstatic that finally the national media realizes what we as Charger fans have known since he became a starter... he's a *****! :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    Oh, segments of the media are going to say they were mean to Jay in the meeting. Dukes will be on his knees this week servicing Cutler again. That you can bank on.

McDaniels will be the new big evil egomaniac. (Hey the media will have someone "meaner" than AJ to poke pins into :lol:)

Hopefully more will see Jay for what he is. A punk.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yes: :tup: :icon_toast:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Segments of the donko fandom, as well!! :yes: :icon_rofl:

22. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes! I've been avoiding heading over to the Donkey forums but I can't resist - it's meltdown time again!

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I want Cutler to stay in Denver for my Fathers Day present. Whether he stays or not, Denver is looking good for the cellar.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    [URL="http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=138028']Enjoy!![/URL]

Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    at the end of the day

this will show that Cutler was a baby

I mean your name just gets thrown into a trade talk and its not even your team

and if we did tried to trade you, you would be gone by now

so now what jay... why are you all women hurt now

:tup: :icon_rofl:

25. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    So this is how I see the mess in Denver.

Jay Cutler has always been spoiled. He was/is a talented young man that excelled as quarterback even though he never really had a great run. Still, he had some excellent numbers and accolades that got him a first-round draft pick to a team that right away embraced him as the next John Elway and always catered to him. Then Denver decided to remove two of Cutler's biggest supporters and it upset him to see that part of the Jay Cutler cast were being let go. Then this new guy comes in and two teams approach the Broncos thinking they could entice the new coach by offering him his protege and it does excite McDaniels, who has some legitimate concerns about his current quarterback. But the deal doesn't work out and Cutler of course finds out about it and pulls a fit which the media eats up. Thus Cutler made much much more out of a petty occurrence.

Then the people at the top fear a rift in the franchise and set out to clean it up but McDaniels still has his concerns and approaches Cutler about them. Now Cutler already feels unwanted, which he can't handle, and on top of that he's being given advice which he just can't accept. Cutler and his agent and the Denver front office are now on two opposite stances as to the QB's future and McDaniels won't back down, not because he's an egotist trying to remake the franchise but because he has concerns and thinks that there could be ways to reconcile them that may include releasing a QB he doesn't truly trust. So we also see a new head coach lacking trust in his QB based on some bad past occurrences and so McDaniels' approach to the situation didn't help at all considering Cutler actually is a good quarterback and could probably really help his team.

They come together again and this time McDaniels truly lets Cutler have it and now we're here with a huge split and a potential franchise quarterback asking for a trade.

And so, everyone's at fault for allowing this little scuffle turn into a full-blown brawl but I still say Cutler started it. If he wouldn't have reacted to potential trade rumors by throwing a tantrum then McDaniels wouldn't have treated him that way and the front office would have been likely to support Cutler as well. But the way he acted was inexcusable and so he lost all his support and will likely not be a Bronco very much longer. As a Charger fan, it's downright hilarious. Denver making all these moves to advance the franchise and one little rift could/will tear it all down. Burn Denver Burn!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I just hope that Denver doesn't end up with a king's ransom from Detroit. :icon_eek:

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I would have to believe that Cutler is hurting trade value with his actions.

28. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    REPORT: CUTLER WANTS OUT OF DENVER, ASKS TO BE TRADED
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 16, 2009, 1:31 a.m.
    Breaking his public silence, disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com that he doesn’t trust coach Josh McDaniels and wants to be traded.

Cutler and McDaniels had vastly differing views about their Saturday meeting intended to deal with the fallout of the Broncos engaging in trade discussions about quarterback Matt Cassel.

“I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco,” Cutler told ESPN.com. “We weren’t in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I’m concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy.

“He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn’t sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he’ll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”

From his standpoint, Cutler said he felt like it’s clear he’s unwanted by Broncos management.

“At the end of the meeting, he wasn’t like, ‘Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you’re our guy,’” Cutler said. “It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can’t work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco.

“Really, I figured we’d hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened was the last thing I expected. If I didn’t think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and [Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook] it’s not something they want to fix.”

Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

The Broncos have since told Cook, who also represents retired quarterback Brett Favre, that they don’t intend to trade Cutler.

“Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other,” Cutler said. “He’s never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?”

Responding to Cutler’s remarks, McDaniels told ESPN.com that he had wanted to avoid this kind of back-and-forth through the media.

“I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it’s only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context,” McDaniels said.

McDaniels claimed that Cutler hasn’t been responsive to his calls or Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen.

“Again, I think that’s been a pattern,” McDaniels said. “When he came here this weekend, we couldn’t get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone.

“There wasn’t any yelling, none of that. I can’t believe we get to a totally different [interpretation]. It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we’ve done our best to limit that.”

For his part, Cutler’s agent said he’s shocked that things have gone so badly.

“I thought it was going to get worked out,” Cook said. “But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team.”

About the only thing McDaniels and Cutler seem to agree on is that McDaniels hasn’t knocked Cutler’s performance from last season.

Cutler reiterated that he won’t attend Monday’s workouts, but will show up for mandatory minicamps as well as training camp. Of course, that’s assuming that Cutler is still on the roster.

Plus, the quarterback emphasized that recently putting his house up for sale isn’t a reaction to this controversy.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

29. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  30. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32

Attached Files: