1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos get worse by signing WR Kerry Colbert to replace Walker

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 3, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I gotta snicker at this
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/02/bc.fbn.colbert.broncos/index.html

This is a guy who was given every single opportunity under the sun to hold down a job next to Steve Smith and was beaten out first by Keyshawn Johnson and then shortly afterwards by..........Dwayne Jarrett. Much like the Patriots, I love to see the Broncos break into a million pieces and laugh at the end result

EDIT:
    AND FOR MORE HUMOR
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274756

The drug addled 'great risk pickup' by the Broncos last draft, DT Marcus Thomas, got busted for drugs again. This time.....cocaine. Its all coming up crap for denver

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Karma baby, Karma. The cut blockers are getting what they deserve. :yes:

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup::tup::tup:

We just keep getting better!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We should be able to double up on Brandon and single cover everyone else and the smother these bastards. The Broncos can now officially be called the bob-tailed-nags. The Denver Nags. Their cheerleaders can call themselves the Knackers and they can call the stadium the Glue Factory.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Never have I heard such disdain for the Broncos. :deadhorse: I think I have died and gone to heaven.
    I love you all my fellow Bronco haters. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Jarrett didnt beat him out, Colbert just hasnt reached the potentual they thought he would and hasnt scored a TD in two years.

Just another USC bust WR. Jarrett will be next.

Good signing Shanarat, i like it :lol:

8. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Nothing like having what little competition there was for the Divisional crown [our 14th] just implode before the season has even begun. :icon_rofl: :icon_tease: :icon_toast: :icon_banana:

Stan :rivers17:

9. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38
    Then again you can pretty much say that about all our division rivals

Raiturds
    Donkeys and
    Squaws.

I Hate them all with a passion and wish nothing more that to see the Chargers dominate the division like we have.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man oh man. I just love watching these guys implode!! :yes:

Think we can shutout all 3 division rivals this year?? :lol:

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I just love this division.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    yeah, as wonderfully as the Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders are going, we've got this division locked up for at least three, maybe four years

13. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Yes, it is nice to know that if we knuckle down, were can possibly start with a six game bulge on the division going into the season.

14. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    Read in the paper Jason Elam is goin to the Falcons. Four year $9 million contract. Oh by the way did I tell you the Donks suck?

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    The Broncs suck? You mean there is no such thing as gravity in the NFL? They're imploding like a giant star into a black hole.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Shanahan's panicked and even his longest serving players want out of there as fast as possible. What does it say when your longest playing player and one of your all time scorers in Elam thinks the freakin Falcons are in a better spot then your team is? :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    :icon_rofl:
    Especially when you consider how much easier it must be kicking at Denver's elevation. For Elam to go to Atlanta (of all places), **** must really be getting bad there. Something tells me Denver will be challenging the turds for last place next season.

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    If we don't sweep the division this year I will be looking for a wicker man to burn.

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I still hate the raiders the most. we can never beat them enough for me.:tup:beating dungver is 2nd best

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    idk, I've stopped thinking about beating the raiders because we do it so automatically and we've whooped their *** so repeatedly that I'm not worried. I expect us to smash them twice a year. Denver, because they are our 'closest rivals' and because they're the team closest to competing with the us for the AFC West Title and because we hadn't won at mile high prior to the last two years, I'm happier now to smash to pieces

• Like Like x 1
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I can understand why locals hate the Raiders so much. They're a plague in your beautiful state!!! :tdown:

For me, it's the Broncos. I hate Mike Shanahan more than I can possibly express. And my disdain for John Elway nearly has a life of its own. :icon_evil:

22. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Walker's not being replace there just filling in a hole.It's simple the West Coast offense only needs one playmaker at WR.Plus the Offense doesn't run around Wide Outs it runs around a strong run game.

This is a good signing for the broncos we don't need another playmaking WR we just need a solid WR.

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    A new Bronco troll has entered the party, be sure to treat him accordingly :lol::yes:

24. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    Right now I think you need a receiver that hasn't put his arm thru a TV set. :icon_rofl:

25. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38
    When your team has lost 14 of it's last 23 games you need all the playmakers you can get. Afterall you guys claim to be an elite franchise right?????? :icon_rofl:

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    don't forget they have rings too dontcha know? :icon_tease:

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The Alarm song 'How the mighty fall' comes to mind.

28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    He's obviously a Bronco's fan, but he hasn't acted like a troll. At least not yet. Hope it stays that way.

29. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    West coast, spread, ....whatever offense you are running, you want the best players you possibly can get so dont tell me you only need one playmaking WR.
    Green Bay runs the WCO too and they have been picking WR's high the last two years in hopes they turn out to be gems and so far, they have.

Speaking of your run game..........hows that working out for ya? Not so strong imo.

30. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Then don't go wasting money and cap space in the Free Agent Market. Pick them off in the second day of the draft. Spending that kind of money on a warm body is dumb, but that's not the case here. Just more bad judgement and a lack of common sense that will keep you in the lower echelons for a while longer, a good deal longer.