1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos hire John Fox

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jan 13, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    From the frying pan into the fire...

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yep, went from one team with a crappy QB and defense, to another with a crappy QB and defense.

4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Will be an interesting hire indeed. I think he will do much better than Mcdaniels for a start!

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    AFC west champs? Doubtful. I see a few 6-10's and a pink slip in Fox's future.

6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Actually Carolina's defense wasn't really an issue this year. Their offense was so inept that that defensive unit was ALWAYS on the bloody field.

But that's not here nor there anymore, since we won't play Carolina next season and John Fox is not the coach of the Panthers anymore.

As to Fox with the Broncos... sorry, but I only see good things for us from this. Yes, he'll bring stability, but he's not a fantastic talent evaluator (which means that Elway and Xanders are going to likely be the ones calling the shots come draft time - neither of which have much of a history of personnel prowess; Xanders is a numbers/cap guy). He has a history of failing to make adjustments in a game and continuing to beat the head of an ineffective, or figured-out, gameplan against the wall trying to get it to work; so we should continue to enjoy 2nd half success against his Broncos team. And from the sound of it, he's leaning towards Jim Mora Jr. as his DC, which means the Broncos would likely be switching back to the 4-3 (making Dumerville a run-liability again, though slightly less so than before - giving him credit for improving his game some) and implementing the Cover-2 (Mora's preferred scheme) which Rivers has enjoyed his greatest statistical success against in terms of player vs scheme throughout his career.

7. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Can't say the selection makes me sweat. But let's take care of our own business.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    John Fox is a decent HC and if they get him the players the Donks will improve.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,552
    Awsome hire.

They had their worst season in some 20+yrs and where do they go? To the coach of the only team that lost more games than them this year.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I like it most b/c it means they cant hire a better coach.

Den is quickly becoming the best shot for a brand new HC to just take a shot. 1DG13x, your opportunity is commin up. If you were a little faster to get your resume on the desk they might have just hired you. Owell next year bro.

11. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    They'll be decent to good for a few years. We'll see if Tebow improves in the season.