1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos or Chiefs?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Who do we need to win? Which helps us more?

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Need a tie in this one, that would really make things interesting!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Broncos, push the chiefs back a game.

4. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think KC, we have to beat Enver and KC to have a chance to win the AFCW.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Tough call. On one hand it'd be good to get closer to the division title if Denver loses tonight.

On the other KC worries me because they are built to beat us, and the farther they are away from a wild card the better it is for our chances to get in the playoffs.

And its hard not to believe Denver won't just win the division eventually even if they do lose tonight, so KC may as well get taken out of the picture.

I guess I'm going KC, gotta go for the division title.

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    This year may turn out to be a kickarse playoff season with all kind of surprises.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    538 says we want Broncos...based on numbers before Chargers v. Ravens...

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 5.29.28 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I feel like Denver will win the division so our sights are on the wild card. So I'm going for a KC loss.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Ok...how about the donkeys win to set the chefs back a game, but both teams destroy each other in the process? Sadly, there is no way both teams can lose tonight.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I gotta call out the thread title. How dare to ever think that could ever even be a question.

Of course kc over den even damn the post season ramifications. Way I see it we have to win out or 1 loss could ensue with tons of den AND kc help to advance AND the week 17 game would/could then be for the post season.

I'd think we want kc to expose den to so much pressure, they give everyone else a blueprint to diffusing Denver.

And win lose or tie we're still in a meat grinder from here on out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    This is a gnarly one. Pray for a tie, I guess!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Chiefs suck so far. Denver just had a 3rd & 11 & KC bent over & let them score a TD. Down 14-0 at home.

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Crazy thought, but if the Donks were to lose tonight and the Chargers win their next two (big IF), the Chargers could have the inside track on home field advantage.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Amazing to think that's possible.

I don't know how we're going to beat the Patriots, they rarely ever lose 2 in a row and I'm sure they'll have spies with hidden cameras at Chargers park all week.

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    A couple of weeks back, there was much discussion about which 6-4 team which was still in the thick of the PO hunt, was going to collapse. The general consensus was indicating the Chargers because of our 3 games pre Bye slide while fielding an already thin and meek skeleton squad.

After this week 13, I'd venture to predict that the Chiefs will garner that "honor" instead :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I dunno, they can rush the QB extremely well, and they can run the ball extremely well.

They can't matchup with Denver, but they are much better than I thought they would be this year. They're a team that could be very dangerous in cold weather.

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    No denial that they surprised everyone already this year, including their own fans who mostly had thought that this KC team was going to be an 8-8 team. After their Bye week, Andy Reid had them well prepared to go on a good winning streak, but a team which can't score much through the air with their WRs, doesn't tend to go very far even though they have a very, very good defensive front plus one of the best RB tandem in the league. Match-up well against Denver or what not, don't forget that they managed to lose to Raiders last week plus they are playing very insipidly tonight at home in Arrow Head :eek:

My other collapse candidate: Arizona Cardinals. Again mostly the same issue as KC, not the WR issue, but a signal caller issue with that team ;)

18. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The Chargers benefit from this game as long as they punish each other on the field. Beat down is what we want...make it hard on every play! Make the consequences of this game last at least one week if not more!

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Chefs are going to have to beat themselves tonight in order to beat the Donks.

20. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Admittedly, I was going for KC tonight, but only because I always want the title. Realistically, the actual outcome was better for the chargers chances of making the post season. That wildcard race is thinning out, as as long as we stay in that 5 seed, I'm happy. The way the 7-5 teams played today, I think we can do it, but its a very tough road ahead.

In any case, I think I figured out that if we win any 3 of our last 4, we'll definitely be in the playoffs, regardless of what other teams do. Need to focus on SD!

• Agree Agree x 1