1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos release Travis Henry

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jun 2, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Broncos release Travis Henry
    AP
    Posted: 2008-06-02 12:59:07

DENVER (AP) - The Denver Broncos have released running back Travis Henry, saying his commitment to the team was in question. The Broncos signed Henry to a five-year, 22.5 million dollar contract in March of 2007. He was hampered by injuries in his only season in Denver, rushing for 691 yards on 167 carries with four touchdowns.

Henry was told by the NFL last September that he had failed a test for marijuana and would be suspended for a year, but he challenged the test and the punishment and won.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Off to the Raiders!!!

:lol:

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Sweet!! :deadhorse:

So who will carry the load for them this year? Nice one Shanaratbastard how much did those 167 carries and 4 TDs cost you? :icon_rofl:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    whats the cap hit?

5. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    But he's a lock for 1500 yards in a one-cut system!

:lol:

6. sayow9553

sayow9553 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    He looks like he could be another burner...... we're still in need of a backup running back aren't we?

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Frack that. I wouldn't touch that mile-high castoff with a 50 yd. pole. :no:

8. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I think the responsibilities of a back up and a starter are so different that bringing in a guy who had an injury, or didn't quite live up to his expectations could be a great find. He won't be out there the entire time, we still of course have LT, and for a back to a play a few plays a game and god forbid a half or a game out of the year seems like a scenario where an other wise flawed player could flourish. I'd bring in Lamount Jordan, that guy from the Lions, and Travis Henry for a look, especially if we can get them cheaper.

9. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I recently read that Selvin Young would be their starter, but I didn't think they would cut Henry. But you know how it works in Denver, it starts with that dirty offensive line, and then it's: Insert Running back's name here

10. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    He of the 9 baby's mama's who avoided a one year weed suspension because of a technicality and then couldn't stay on the field because he's too injury prone and so ****** that they cut him and moved a one-year udfa to the top of the depth chart? Ya, let's get HIM! :abq2:

11. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Another "Genius" type move by Mike ShanaRat, sign a guy who is one whiff of a joint away from getting a one year ban, defend him with your very own life and then restructure his contract take a huge cap hit then out right release him when your backfield is filled with has beens and never will be's.

Good Job Donkies!!!!!!!!!!

3rd straight year the Dinky Donk's miss the playoffs!!!!

On top of that they moved their best defender over to the weak side where he will be going up against our best OL'man and 2 time Pro-Bowl beast Marcus McNeil....talk about being neutralized.

Who is their MLB?? scrubby Nikki Koutavides??? Oh my gosh I guarantee LT runs for 200+ yards in both games!!!!

Addition by subtraction is what the Lipless Blunder is hoping to achieve, but you MUST replace talent with young talent, not young scrubbeanies!!! :flag:

Stan :rivers17:

12. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You big dummy!

:icon_tease:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Lamont makes more sense then Travis Henry

Nice job Henry, you ****ed your way out of Denver, literally and figurateively

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Denver might make a play for Shaun Alexander since Seattle has Jones now.

Just a thought.

15. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I gotta show your post to my Donko loving co-workers. How much longer can Shanarot last?