1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broncos to start Tebow

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Dec 18, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    NFL.com news: Broncos turn to rookie Tebow at QB as Orton nurses bruised ribs

LOL! Even though he is a Bronco, I wish him success unless he faces us. Plus, my good friend is a Broncos fan and hates Tebow so now I can rub it in his face that they've stooped so low as to starting him lol.

I understand why they're doing it though. Orton is hurt and they wanna see what Tebow has to offer. I don't know what McDaniels was thinking drafting him in the first, they already had Orton and he barely played at all this year. Maybe if he does good, they trade Orton and stick with Tebow? Thatd be good for us

None the less, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how he plays

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm upping my bet against Denver. Hopefully jeebus won't hate me for it.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    35-0 Raiders.

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Why not? They have nothing to lose this season by doing this now, it will either be McDonut's final insult or a parting gift. My money's on the former.

And we get to sit back and watch the fun :D

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Looks like the Raiders will be 7-7 after this game.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    DANG IT!!!! I'm so disapointed.

I really wanted to see us get to face him first in week 17. I really want to see his confidence collaspe, and more than anything I want to see him cry like a little girl after getting thumped.

Oakland can play D, they'll steamroll him in a big way too, but I'm disapointed.

8. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    So what happens if they do manage the win with Tebow at QB?
    Do the Donkeys keep him there for the rest of season, or is he benched if/when Orton comes back.

Hell, even if they lose there's 3 games left, I say let him start them all. The boy needs experience.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I watched parts of this game to see this Tebow kid. I have never seen him before so I am not prejudiced by college affiliation or draft predictions etc etc.

My impressions after watching a few series, I was impressed. He threw left handed with touch and accuracy. His uniform was the dirtiest of the entire offense and after watching him stiff arm a defender on a QB run, I said he had game as well. He seemed to manage the offense like a pro and did not look like a rookie. I did not watch the whole game but from what I saw, the Broncos have a solid QB.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I do like Tebow even from watching in college with the gators. I did watch a chunk of that game and Tebows dirty jersey was more self inflicted, it wasnt from gettin knocked around in the pocket. He got that on his scrambles, one strait up the middle.

I do hope whatever HC they get in the offseason pulls a Haley/Pioli and cleans house of all the former Coaches so-so picks/gems. How you stick with Croyle over Thigpen in a year when in 11 games starting Thigpen threw 20+TDs to 11 ints. Not bad for a guys first year starting that many games. Then again McDumass did a pretty good job of this when he got there. How many years do you think McD setback the Broncos? Im seeing 3 years in the cellar at least.

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    CBS's drooling over this guy was disgusting. He completed 8 of 16 passes, and his TD should have been picked off. They were 2 for 12 on 3rd down because he was awful in must pass situations, and 1 of the conversions was a designed QB draw.

Its easy to rack up stats in Florida when you're throwing screens to guys who run 4.3 40s, against defenders who are probably going door to door selling life insurance right now. But against the complex defenses and fast athletes in the NFL, its not a good sign that they still gotta teach this kid how to drop back properly.

Open up the offense and his guy will fold. He's a glorified Alex Smith.