1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BroncoTalk

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    #

TustinBronco says -
    Sun Oct 07 16:08 | Comment

Oh and by the way, given how fluky our first two wins were we could EASILY be 0-5 right now. Easily.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    #

embarrassedbroncofan says -
    Sun Oct 07 16:44 | Comment

Thank God for the Rockies!!!

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    #

BroncoFan says -
    Sun Oct 07 16:48 | Comment

Agree - fire Shanahan and get someone with some imagination. He’ll make some moves in the next couple of weeks and we’ll think, ok, maybe this will work. Then we’ll pull out a game or 2 and be right back in the loss column, lucky to finish the season 8-8. No heart today. No fire. Our D was miserable. Heck, SD only has 2 players. The rest of the league has been able to figure it out but we couldn’t. Too many experiments going on for the talent we have. Blow this thing up and start from scratch building around Cutler, Marshall, and our young D-line. A new coach to build through draft vs finding has beens will also help.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It's nice to see a meltdown after the Bolts put a beat down on teams

:tup: :tup:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what EC and I were talking about yesterday!!!

Thanks Concudan. :tup:

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    #

BroncoFan says -
    Sun Oct 07 15:22 | Comment

OK - We all know Shanny loves to shake it up during the bye week so say goodbye to our Def Coordinator. What we should do is call Marty Shottenheimer and Bill Cowher and beg one of them to take over as head coach. Fire our personnel guy, fire the master, and either one of these guys could come in and finish this season better than we will with Shanny. We need to rebuild through the draft and stop picking up all these old has beens. If you can get enough for Bailey, trade him for a couple first rounders, get rid of Lynch, and all the other old has beens like Rice etc. New coach and youth to grow up w/Cutler and all will be well.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    “If you’re going to be a Broncos fan, be a Broncos fan. Don’t boo us when we’re down–that’s bandwagon. When we start winning, then what? We make our mistakes and we’re going to lose… and you all stay in those seats. I love you all to death, but at the same time, that’s not first class. We win here. You guys know that we win, and you have your ups and downs in football.” — Brandon Marshall 10/7/07

9. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Conc, is there a forum link available ?

Thanks.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I feel so bad for their sorrow with Jim Bates that I will happily give them Ted Cottrell for nothing (a 7th rounder)

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://broncotalk.net/

They use the comments as their forum I believe.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Somebody needs to tell Brandon that they've lost 2 straight home games, and would have lost ALL of them if Sebass hadn't doinked his FG off the left upright.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yep. The Broncos are a bad, bad football team. So while I'm relieved to have this W... I'm not yet over the idea that the Chargers still have significant progress to make if they want to be a legit contender. Yesterday showed me they know how to focus and execute against a bad football team. That's all.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well, many of us were watching this team when he was filling his diaper. He has no clue. I am sure getting beat like that stings. I would have left too. If in Denver, I would have been at Shotgun Willie's at the end of the 3rd quarter.....is it open on Sunday?

-cswil

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well, many of us were watching this team when he was filling his diaper. He has no clue. I am sure getting beat like that stings. I would have left too. If in Denver, I would have been at Shotgun Willie's at the end of the 3rd quarter.....is it open on Sunday?

-cswil

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Chicago was a smash mouth opening win. 41-3 in Denver doesn't seem to be a fluke to me. If we had barely one, I might think fluke, too, but it was a stompin' we gave the Broncos. They actually made tackles this game. We'll know next week whether the wins or the losses were flukes.

19. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Why do I feel so good about there pain [​IMG]

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Funny how everyone was completely forgetting about Cutlers w/l record at the end of last year before the start of this season.

Just cause a guy can throw a few 80 yard bombs for TD's doesn't make him a winner, does it Rex?

To think 5 weeks ago we though Denver would be the one we'd be fighting for 1st place in the div.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

that's a lot!

at this point

22. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
  23. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    what are they even thinking? That dude wants a "couple" of first rounders for Bailey. The air up there makes them dizzy...

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    No... it makes him Jeff George with a bad haircut. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  26. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I don't even have to go to the Bronc's forums to know what's going on there...it's no different than what's gone on here the last three weeks.

AND I agree, great win, but this team still has a ways to go to beat the best teams in this league.

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    or the perfect successor to John elway

28. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Its funny they want to get rid of their HC who is still a great coach as if that will solve all their problems.

The fact is they have a young QB who I don't think is very good. They changed their defense around with a new coordinator who has a completely different idea on how to run the defense than before. This is going to take them time to get used to.

So blame the HC fire him it won't fix the problem. Should the Saints fire their HC because they are doing bad this season? No.

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Why does this not surprise me? :lol:

How do you feel about Cutler? He's got that same perpetual stupid look on his face that your boy George did. (Yeah, I said Boy George) :icon_eek: