1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

browns done with manziel

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Jan 4, 2016.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    what does anyone think about sitting him behind rivers and letting him learn? i mean when the browns let him play he was easily the best qb on the team " thats not saying alot, its the browns" but i think rivers could tame him, idk if he could be a future qb in the league but who would roll the dice on him if we can get him cheap

2. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +108
    I'd rather roll the dice on RG III

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    to injury prone in my opinion, i think if manziel sits behind rivers and learns from rivers he could be good, but only if rivers can help him mature

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Johnny "Rehab" is going to party his way out of the NFL...soon. He would be an absolute waste of time and money.

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i think he's headed down that path without a good mentor, i think someone could help him, and rivers doesnt play, i think rivers could help turn his career, but im not suggesting we pick him up, its more of a food for thought question.

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    There's no hope for him. Rivers is a good ol' Southern boy with a very staunch Catholic faith. Manziel is everything which Rivers is not: weak morals, weak work ethics, weak mentality, weak football intellect! A lost NFL cause ala a certain # 16 whom shall not be mentioned by name on here so farg him!

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    No. Just No.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +241
    The problem is, I don't think Manziel wants to be helped or even thinks he needs help. I think it actually hurts him right now when he comes in and plays well, like self-affirming that everything is ok, that he's not the problem. The kid has talent, not elite talent, but I don't think I want to waste River's time or the staff's time babysitting this guy.

9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i 200 percent hear that, it was just a food for thought question,i think if he wanted to be helped, that rivers is the guy to do it. but its hard for anyone to make a case saying he wants to be helped. i wish manziel wouldnt throw his career away, hes fun to watch. but hes to full of himself

10. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +241
    I agree. I hate to see a young man squander his talent like Manziel, Leaf, Josh Gordon and countless others. And you're right, Rivers would make a great role model for anyone to pattern their life after - first class guy

• Like Like x 1
  11. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    thats what im saying, i hope manziel changes and grows up and lets someone help him, he has the potential to be special, i mean you worked your whole life to get here and now you dont care and youre just gonna throw it away. if and i say if mighty hard. the chargers look at him and pick him up, lets hope rivers helps him. it could benefit. But it wont happen he'll end up with a team like the raiders or cowboys and will be out of the league within 3 years

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Last year I might've but now? After being hammered in Vegas instead of with the team on Sunday? Not a chance in hell.

Rivers can't help that guy, not sure Jesus, Muhammad and Moses could get through to that dumbass

I'd rather take my chance on one of the late round/UDFA QBs in this upcoming class.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I have two friends who are hard core Browns fans. One of them dubbed Manziel "Ryan Leaf 2.0".

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Not surprised at all.

Time for Bellichick to pounce.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    He doesn't want help. He's never wanted help. He's an entitled kid who had some (not this immense amount anyone made it out to be) talent and is more concerned with milking it for however much short-term celebrity he can get. If reality shows like The Surreal Life or Celebrity Rehab are still around in 10 years, I fully expect to see Johnny as a castmember.

This isn't something new for him. He rarely put in time in the film room at A&M. He's two-faced (one face to his coaches, a different one to his teammates) and openly lies if he thinks it will help him avoid trouble. Johnny's gonna do Johnny and no respectable coach or franchise would put up with his crap.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Nah, he's got Jimmy G-Spot (or "Uncle Jimmy" - since he does look like a young John Stamos minus the luscious hair). He's good.

17. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    D-bag. Waste of space. Less talent than he-who-shall-not-be-named.
    Got his payday.
    Will be seeing jail-time within 5 years or when his money runs out (whichever comes first).
    You read it here first.

18. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I think the Dallas Cowboys should acquire him, although that does present the classic high risk/high reward scenario.

He's from Texas, so he would be tempted to party hardy if he returned there as a member of a Texas based NFL team but if he can be effectively babysat and/or controlled, he could become a real asset to the team.

Tony Romo has a penchant for getting hurt and if the Cowboys had even an average backup this season, they would have probably run away with the NFC East. Jerry Jones wanted to draft him out of college, but now could probably get him fairly cheap and possibly even a little humbled and if Manziel were to back up Romo and only play in spots, he could eventually develop into an effective NFL quarterback.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    He's full of other stuff too...
    half-baked.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    lol, i totally agree, i was just looking at it as maybe if he was willing to be helped, that rivers could do it. but you win post of the new year so far

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i see what you're saying, i really do, i was just looking from the outside in, like he has talent, and if he was willing to put in the work to be helped rivers is the guy, he wont put up with someone who would ruin the team like that.
    but i agree, he'll be in jail before its over, he worked his whole life, to only throw it away

22. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Thank You Bad Muddafarger ............. [​IMG]

Best laugh I've had today, excellent stuff.

Jerrah already has a bungalow built out back of his joint for Johnny B Bad mate, bet on it !

• Like Like x 1
  23. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    glad i could make you laugh lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    I do need to make an admission though Man ..........

I get as big a laugh every time I see your Darryl Gamble siggy ...............that's some damn funny shite young man, that you have choose to keep his memory alive for this long. [​IMG]

What a preseason stud that guy was, unforgettable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    lol i know, when we got him in udfa and he went wild in preseason with his blocked punt, i liked him, i would change it but i forgot who made these, and i dont know how to make anymore, so i dont know what to change it to :(. Whoever made this make more you did a great job at it, id like more recent players, but for now its a sig and ill just keep it until i can get a new one lol.

26. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    BTW do you remember who made these? i havent seen a new batch in years

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Oh Man, I remember when they started to appear in here, but NO, I truly don't recall who it was that came up with them, sorry.

28. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    well i guess ill just preserve the beloved memory of the legend that is darryl gamble until someone can come back and make more. lol

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Your quote also sent me scrambling to the archives, as I knew there was a player awhile back who was up on such a charge .........

How the hell could I possibly forget Tony "bend on over Sis" Washington, from Abeline Christian, back in 2010. ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/tony-washington-sex-siste_n_493566.html?ir=Australia)

Good ol' Matti talked you into using that as your "quote" and it's withstood the test of time.

I wonder whatever happened to that kid ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    There ya go ........................hey, it's a great talking point, I'd keep it too.

If you can find any "family" pic's of Tony and his Sis, post those too. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1