1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Browns Fire Chud.... an opening for Norv???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Dec 29, 2013.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +164
    What are the odds of seeing Norv on the sidelines as a head coach ever again - let alone next season? It could happen! As long as it's not in San Diego.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Washington and Oakland may have openings though...;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Norv hasn't lost his job yet. There is a strong possibility that he will. There is also a chance he may be retained.

4. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    8 AM EST expect him to be fired.

Then hired by Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +223
    I feel bad for Cleveland fans, not only due the pick up norv but their rookie HC gets fired in his first season. I honestly don't know what they were expecting with two possibly three playoff caliber teams in their division to do anything meaningful in 1 season.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,895
    When you give a guy all pro caliber QBs like Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell to work with it's no wonder you're shocked he only wins 4 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +223
    Sliver lining with them is that new regime will probably have QB to look for in the first round.

8. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    If Wiz gets a head coach job this offseason, would you guys be interested in Chud for the OC spot here?

9. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    If Chud became Chargers OC, I'd imagine Ladarius Green would start salivating at the oppportunity to work with him.

10. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Heard Norv went after the FO guys who fired Chud!

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Was he wearing his SB ring? :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    At least he has one.

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    So does Kevin Gilbride.

14. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Yep. But the Chargers don't so take your lemon sucking hate & shove it.

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Classy ;)

16. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Pissy little bitches like you don't deserve any better. :tup:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71
  18. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    Umm... yes they do. This is okay in the smack talk area or adult asylum, but not in the general forums. Please stop.

19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Why? Because I reminded you Kevin Gilbride has SB rings? :confused:
    Or just because I don't agree with your opinion?

Because that's basically what you're saying.

20. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    Yeah, Norv always seems to be popular with the players (especially vets) and why not? He's your Club Med Cruise Directer and football buddy. Little accountability, lots of football talk with none of those irritating rah-rah speeches. It'a a nice, comfortable, warm & fuzzy place to be. Not unlike quicksand.

• Old Old x 1
  21. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71

Josh Gordon doesn't realize he's endorsing mediocrity in a place where patience is low. I've lived in Ohio. Those fans can't stand the way that team is ran and are highly critical of their coaches. If he Norv thinks SD was rough, he'd hate to be the main guy in Cleveland. They'd lynch him.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Amen, I'm always sick of these stupid NFL players who think that--just because they have 1,000 times
    the experience with a guy that I do--somehow that means that their opinion is as informed as mine. WTF?

I'm especially sick of players saying what a good coach and teacher Norv is…count me in with the guys who
    sagely predicted that NT being their boss was the only thing keeping the players from saying what a
    horrible coach Norv really was…and "Just wait until he's fired: then you'll hear what the players really think!"
    (and of course, history proved them 100% right).

23. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    You're right of course. There is no reason to ever doubt what a player or coach says to the media. After all, I'm not there and I'm not a pro... what do I know? Why even offer my opinion? With that fact in mind, there is precious little to discuss here in this forum... I'm FREE... Thanks Lance!

EDIT: What a minute... wait a cotton-picking minute! I see what you did there now Lance. You're a tricky one, aren't you? I had one foot out the door and then it hit me: What if one player says Norv is great but yet another player insinuates that Norv ran a loose ship and/or allowed the team to become complacent? Now what!?!

You almost had me my friend.... almost.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  24. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I humbly apologize for questioning your harsh assessment of a former Charger coach.
    I don't know why I was feeling entitled to do so. From now on I will always assume fans know more than players.

25. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Nonsense. Cleveland Fans were way more welcoming to Norv as OC than Chargers fans were for the year he installed the offense that still actually exists in SD today. They are also pissed about the Chud firing. However unforgiving and impatient as Cleveland might be (you are making schit up though), they are not filled with insane identity hate as is SD fan. Ask the Packer fan owner of this site if he's ever run into a mob like the one made of SD fan. It's the worst and dumbest....so loud too it's also very influential (yay!). The bright side is that SD fan really isn't impatient with losing at all, so providing a talented coach is hired that doesn't interfere with perception and identity, he will be given time. Hell, Marty yo yo'd good/suck every year there and is worshiped!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71

You're strong opinion backed with lack of experience, firsthand knowledge, and any kind of factual backing is so inspiring.

Me living in Columbus Ohio for 12 straight years would have NO application to my statement according to your logic. I'm really supposed to believe that the Chargers fanbase which is too jaded to even show up at games is more rabid than a fanbase that sells out for a perennial bad team. Why? Because YOU said so. Not because I actually KNOW. I'm sure the closest you'll ever see is from a television screen but next time you get a chance next years, tune into a Browns game and tell me if you see the opposing teams fans as much as Browns fans in their stadium. I'll save you the effort, you won't. My father is a Browns fan and most of his family are Browns fans. I wish you would tell them they were even remotely excited about Norv. NO **** they were pissed about the firing of Chud......DUHHHHHHH.

You have nothing to back your opinion.

You'd be the same person to tell me that Aztecs fans are more "influential" than Buckeyes fans. I love my Chargers and all but I've walked in quite a few different stadiums and seen way more intensity. Hate to burst your bubble but you don't know me or what I've seen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    What are you talking about? I think Cleveland fans are awesome! It's my point. You being happier that a coach is gone more so than winning does not equal an awesome fan.

28. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    *edit* oh i see! You thought I meant loud in a good way like at the Stadium? Lol, no! I agree with you 100 percent on that take!

29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I'm kinda mystified by this exchange: I've only been in Ohio long enough to ride the Screamacoasters at Cedar Point,
    so I value the perspective of someone who's lived there and experienced the Browns culture in a way I never have.
    When guys on PFT go off about "Charger fans"--when I know they have no idea what they're talking about--it
    just is too frustrating to even address, anymore.

You Don't Know.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71

Living there I gained a tremendous amount of respect for their fanbase. The fans are generally pretty knowledgeable and can give you a good discussion. Unlike here in texas where Cowboys fans may be the dumbest fanbase I've ever encountered. I think when you talk to fans of smaller bandwagons you get more quality discussion.
    I don't know your situation but if you've never watched a game with a Browns fan, it's kinda funny. The sarcasm is hilarious.

On a sidenote, I've never been to Cedar Point. Been to King's Island several times though.