1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Browns hire Chudzinski

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +675
    Now we have anther position to fill. Puts Shelmon in the front runner seat for our OC vacancy.

Linkage

Browns hire Chudzinski to breathe life into offense

BEREA, Ohio -- Rob Chudzinski was hired Saturday as the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator, returning to the team to take over a unit that ranked near the NFL's bottom in nearly every category the past two seasons.
    Advertisement
    Click here to find out more!

Chudzinski was Cleveland's tight ends coach in 2004 under Butch Davis. He coached San Diego's tight ends the past two seasons

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Well ****. OC and now the TE coach is GONE.

Lofton may be elsewhere.......

Send me in coach !!!!

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm of the thought that the chargers are doing a bit of cleaning house in preparation for the big cleaning of house next year. They're letting coaches go that want to leave now. As long as they keep coaches that know the system now the team should be able to run on autopilot.

The chargers in the next 3 to 4 years will be super bowl quality. So its gonna be interesting to see how they ease new coaches into the chargers system thats in place now. I would guess that the chargers in no way want a drastic change. Just a shakeup of whats in place now.

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Almost like Barry Switzer taking over the Cowboys and he had a ready made Super Bowl team and ran the table.

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, I really think they have a future head coach already in mind. But can't get him till next year. But it really seems like their easing the coaching staff out and it really seems that they only want marty around for a bit more. Gonna be interesting. Hope marty gets his super bowl this year. Like you said even a blind chipmunk could probably win a super bowl with the talent the chargers have now.:yes: :bolt:

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i really didnt mind seeing cam leave, i just wanted wade to stay, anyone can coach and call plays for rivers,lt,gates

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    It might be a possibility that the guy they get as OC might wind up being the next chargers head coach. That might be the smart way to do it. Ease him into the job and have him get to know the players.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It appears that way to me as well. The coaches were ALL offered extensions and it is curious if this is Marty's swan song that his brothers in arms would not stick around to help him plant that flag on Mt. Surabachi ????

It is basically saying .... "see ya and I would hate to be ya" and then *poof* - better pay and a big FU.

Loyalty is only as thick or thin as your wallet. :yes:

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +675
    Anyone hear of Wade doing interviews or teams having interest in him? I haven't.

It has to be an internal guy for the job. All other outside options don't work with Marty being on a 1 yr contract.

Shelmon or Lofton the only 2 I see getting the the call.

All this talk of other teams OCs coming here cracks me up. Not going to happen.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    It is a business as they say. Its gonna be interesting to see how A.j. does this transition. We don't want it a drastic abrupt change. Just a easing in of new staff.

I'm sure if the media caught wind of whats really going on they'd be yelling from the high tree tops on what the heck are the chargers doing. :bolt: :icon_tease: :bolt:

Thankgod the media isn't all that bright. They've got monday morning quarterbacking down pat but thats about it.

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +675
    That and the Marty Extension with the 1 Mil buyout. I think there might be a few candidates that AJ has an eye on at this point for 2008.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I bet Marty tells whoever is licking his nuts as his assistant to remember the Code of the Bushido and that the good old boys network will fuc his **** up if he bad mouths the clan. :yes:

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +675
    They all got promotions. You don't say no to that in this league, unless that team is the Turds. :lol:

HC $$ > OC
    OC $$ > TE Coach

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This will be interesting to watch unfold.

Every year A.J. gives us off season **** to post about and we get our moneys worth out of him .....

Ever notice that ?

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I vote Crosby for OC. :yes:

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Looks like a lot of teams want to run our offence :yes:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    :trout:

Shelton to OC!

18. starrman

starrman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    You have to be kidding. I am surprised that guy was not fired way before now. Our special teams are weak and puny. :icon_huh:

19. Burley

Burley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Who hires the coaches? Marty or AJ?

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Usually its the head coach. But this might be a bit different. The chargers may bring in an OC to prep for the head coaching job. IN that case A.j. will probably hire him.

Either that or they'll let marty hire some guy that they'll let go along with marty next year.

It will be interesting seeing who does get the OC job.