1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bruschi: AFC Defensive Player of the Week?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by y2craig, Nov 2, 2005.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9019023

Sorry, but I do not agree with this choice. Sure I am happy for him that he broke his back to return this quickly from a stroke, but the fact of the matter is that he really was not a factor in the game against Buffalo, IMHO. Any player can pump up the home fans and is a cheesy way to gather votes over plays he was far behind on or tackles that he did not make. The NFL functioned well without TB and did not go bankrupt.

Just because ESPN was giving him more attention than the actual game virtually eliminated other players from other teams who made a difference on the field that day. He's just a football player who plays a game and not someone who saves or defends lives and they made him out to be a hero.

Why not give him the honours every week because Bruschi created gravity or discovered air. :sarcasm:

2. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Yup, they did give it to him out of sympathy. I thought that our Shawn Merriman did more to deserve the award. I just don't get it. :unknown:

3. BasPilot

BasPilot BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah, why not make New Orleans the Super Bowl Champs just because they have a hard year too!!

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I didn't watch the game. Did he really make that much of an impact?

5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    When they did decide to show the game and not his wife or Bob Kraft, I would fairly say "no". He was really not in game condition and was behind in plays or he failed to make tackles. That game is not the typical TB we are sometimes use to seeing.

I just feel other players in the AFC could have easily won that award over sympathy.