1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BS ALERT: Ten most dysfunctional offseasons

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Full Article

Losing coaches makes it a dysfunctional off season? Hello? Over simplify much jackhole?

Does not the retention of players such as Michael Turner and Dielman add into the equation? What about getting some bonified head coaching candidates as coordinators and position coaches? What about the fact that the team had the least amount of turnover in the leage? Riding on the factor that we had one of the best Defenses, and the highest scoring offense in the league last season, these lack of changes on the players part should speak loudly. The CHARGERS are not a team to be taken lightly, and we will come out fighting, god pitty those teams that stands in our way.

Now how is that disfunctional biatch!!!!:icon_evil:

2. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    We cleared up the dysfunction when we jettisoned Marty...:yes:

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Goff? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

He was under contract already. He also is our worst offensive lineman.

By chance ..... did you mean Dielman? :yes:

4. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Here's my #1 "Dysfunctional Offseason" ....

1. Patriots - Signed more WR's than they have roster spots to keep. Overpaid, both in terms of a contract and compensation to Miami, for a #3 WR and KR. The best Patriots DB is threatening to hold out, and none of the other CB' on NE's roster are above journeyman level in talent. Gave mega-bucks to an OLB from Baltimore who has only had one good season. The rest of their LB's are old, slow and in need of major upgrade. No DL depth. OL is a collection of journeymen. Look for chemistry issues and injuries due to aging players to put the Patriots into 3rd place in the AFC East this season.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hey, the O linemen are all the same to a ballwatcher like Conc. You should be glad he didn't say, "hey, at least we were able to resign Ron Mix."

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Email it to this ******. :yes:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I hope these guys keep writing this stuff and I hope even more that people on the right coast believe, accept it as an article of faith-at least until we burn them at the stake.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You must have a strong neck.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Must have.

11. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Seems to me that the falcons have had a much more dysfunctional offseason, but what do I know. :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I think the Chiefs, the Fish, the Putz, Da Bears and the Bungles have had the worst of it. The Chiefs didn't bring in enough people to improve their roster much and lost their best QB and the Fish are stuck with a QB that probably won't last half the season and so we'll probably find out just how good Chet is or is not. The Putz are stuck as the pivot in a WR circle jerk, but even at that, they might finish behind the Jets, but not third-at least not till next year. Da Bears lost or alienated key interior people and don't have replacements, but the Bungles could be the worst off if they can't keep more players from facing frog marches before the next equinox. These Eastern homies sound like the Bolts are being asked to tame Fallujah the first two weeks of the season, but they're going to be pooping enough bricks to build a first class shite house after we go 2-0.

:abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    An article about dysfunctional teams and the Raiders aren't even mentioned? :icon_shrug:

They have a new coach...again...they were told to cut their practices short...AGAIN...and Al Davis is still alive.

If that doesn't = dysfunctional, then what does?

14. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Actually, the news would be if they actually had functional off season. They proably didn't make the list because it's so routine people stopped noticing. To make the list, it probably has to be worse than business as usual.

:lol:

15. DjChemical

DjChemical BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    The way the whole thing played out was dysfunctional anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    dot
    [/thread]

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    yeah, that made my day right there, gracias peeps.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    this is so full of **** its ridiculous
    turning over a coaching staff doesn't constitute dysfunctional. hell we were more stable then the Houston Texans

19. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Agreed. A coaching change, big deal.

What was dysfuntional was the relationship between Marty and A.J.

Resolving that hanging chad issue is not dysfunctional but intelligent.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man, I don't think that I've EVER read anything from you that actually supports the Chargers. True, this may not have been handled in the timeliest manner, but at least Marty is gone & I, for one, am glad.

Who is the clown that wrote this piece? I want to see him eat these words after the season. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We will continue to be laughed at for signing Norv until proven otherwise and it's rightfuly so.

This was my reaction when the Raiders signed him..
    :icon_rofl: :hilarious: :lol:

This was my reaction when we signed him...
    :icon_eek: :eek: :puke: :broncfan:

Now I just hope that the players can take this team to it's highest potential dispite of the coach!!

GO CHARGERS!!!:bolt:

22. DjChemical

DjChemical BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Im very consistent in my *****ing being that i only have gripes with a few things.

1. The WR's on this team
    2. The DB's on this team
    3. The way the whole firing was handled
    4. I think Norv is a putz.

Those are my only gripes with the chargers other then that im extremely happy with this team. (I was also unhappy that turner wasnt shipped out in favor of a draft pick)