1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BT Spotlight..TURBO_TURTLE

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    BT Spotlight..TURBO_TURTLE
    [​IMG]

I can honestly say TT is one of the nicest people I have ever met. His sincerity and attitude inspire me daily, and this was just a pleasure to do.

How did you first find BT?

I saw a video about another poster at BT and I wanted to see if I could try and hunt him down. I was able to find that poster at BT and the rest is now history.

How long have you been on staff at BT
    ?

1 Year and about 8 months in total

[​IMG]

What do you see in the future for BT?

My personal bias here. I see Bolttalk becoming the best Chargers sites that is independent and definitely fan driven.

Do you remember the first Chargers game you either watched on TV or in person when and where was it?

Yes I Do. it was in 1970, even though it was on TV and for me a partial game because I fell asleep. I was only two at the time and the game was against the Oakland Raiders We tied the game at 27.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a side note my first full game without falling alseep on TV was in 1970 again. This time it was the Dallas Cowboys against the Washington Redskins in which the Cowboys destroyed the Redskins that day by a score of 34-0.

I know the story behind the Turtle username but for those that don't...where and when did that start?

I will give the cliffs notes version. I will also cut to the chase. LOL. My first message board I was part of was a Nascar Forum and I tried my Mister _Turbo_Turtle but it said it was already has been taken then I tried to go with Mister_Turbo_Mo_Turtle then this time it said to long of a name and for me to pick another so I kept at it and then I said keep it simple Stupid to my self and went with turbo_turtle and they said it was accepted so at that site I was known as turbo_turtle and that site is no longer as well.

[​IMG]

This is going to be huge season for the Chargers.....why do you think on most news sites they are so underrated?
    I see them being the team to beat in the AFC this year.

Me personally it is an East Coast biased against the San Diego Chargers. The Media rather talk about the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts than talk about the Chargers. Reason is location of the team. The Chargers are way west of the Mississippi River and anything east is easier to talk about than the west coast teams except for the very bad news out from the west. Then it is wall to wall news across the nation. That is just my opinion.

What are you looking forward to the most this season?

The Patriots game at home on the 12th of Oct. and the Saints game in London England on the 26th of Oct.

[​IMG]

You are one of the most liked posters on BT, what do you like to do away from the board for fun?

If I have the $$$$$ I like to go and bar hop at night, also relax a little bit at a local park feeding the ducks and watching the world go by.

What is one thing you'd like people to know about you that they may not know?

I was at one time a good horse rider because I like to do the reenactments like the Civil War or Wild West during those time periods of the 1800's. That is something I thoroughly enjoy doing.

[​IMG]

You always seem to find the good in people...have you always been so easy going?

No unfortunately. I use to be untrusting while I was young, had people betray me in all types of manner. It took the Military to get me to trust people again because we would have to do our job side by side to get it done. That is how I came to see the good in people ... due to the Military.

Favorite movie:Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Favorite saying: Yeppers
    Favorite color: Blue
    Favorite song: Easy Lovin by Freddie Hart
    Favorite Charger player:Right now it is Antonio Cromartie #31

[​IMG]

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    TT is a great guy, and most deserving of this high honor!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast: :flag:

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
  4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Great job! :bolt:

:flag:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    SOUP!!!!

6. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Good job TT! I have a Desert Tortoise named Jaws, and I will now call him Turbo after you.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Well deserved to one of the best guys on the board

8. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    What about a Conc Spotlight Thread? :icon_shrug:

IAD is pretty cool too, even if he is still in the "experimental" time of his life. :lol:

9. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    It was only my second one...figured I'd do one a week. And highlight the people that make BT such a special place.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    DDO! Where you been bro? Get over to adopt-a-bolt and.... well... Ah, adopt a bolt!

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Go Turtle!!!! :tup:

12. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Turbo is cool in my book. Good work. :icon_toast:

13. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Bought a house and haven't had a day, or evening off since. Gotta clear the books of all that Honey Do crap in time for Fooseball Season.....

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    That's never gonna happen!
    I bought my house 10 yrs. ago and the Honey Do's never stop! :yes:

Football season is the only time I get to have off. :tup:
    But that's only on Sat. and Sun.

:icon_rofl:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Nice write up on my Libra friend!!! :flag: :yes: :tup:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Proud to call myself his friend.

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    TT RULES!