1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bucs Release Freeman

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    According to the update I got on my phone, they contacted all other teams trying to work out a trade and found no takers.

You have to think someone will pick him up off waivers for the minimum and see if they can fix what ever went wrong with him. Bucs have to pay the $6.25 million remainder of Freeman's 2013 salary. Ouch.

Freeman has connections to the Raiders OC Greg Olsen, and the Packers RB coach Alex Van Pelt.

Another hypothetical landing place is Cleveland. Norv is known as a OC who can help young QBs. His work with Alex Smith while in SF could be akin to where Freeman is now...

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Earlier this week Freeman's agent accused the Bucs of leaking confidential information about his status in the leagues substance abuse program, as well as information on team levied fines. This was ugly, and will probably be investigated by the league. If correct, the bucs may be facing a big fine.

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    My guess would be Jacksonville, Cleveland, or Oakland, he's going somewhere where he'll have a chance to start.

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    ^^^ Perhaps he can get in on a Master's program at USC...

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +480
    he has raider written all over him

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    The Bucs have to be the most dysfunctional team in the league. Just stupid and undisciplined. They knew who Freeman was prior to this year and they still went to war with him as their QB. What a disaster. I bet VJ wishes he was in SD about now.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Funny you should say that: When I first heard VJ was off to Tampa, my first thought was:
    "Man, this is Jefferson all over again...some more money, but maybe the beginning of the end as a top receiver."
    Just as Fouts made guys look better, Rivers has that tendency, too. VJ had a better 2012 than I expected,
    but I have a feeling his Pro Bowl days may've just come to a close. :(
    Joiner Jefferson Winslow.jpg
    p.s. In other words, yes, the release of Freeman may make VJ feel like he's been kicked in the Schnatter...

8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    What are you talking about? He's never even been arrested!!!

Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 4.25.26 PM.png

9. mt_bolt

mt_bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I miss JJ.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Wow... Schiano must be next out the door. What a complete mess. Freeman is very talented, a good QB tutor ala Reid or (I'm not gonna say Norv!) Arians can bring him back to the level he was at/can get to.

11. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    The Bucs organization's reputation was run deeper through the mud with every passing day these last few weeks. Regardless of whether or not Freeman was Schiano's guy, that was no way to run him out of town. The entire thing stinks of unprofessionalism.

12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295