1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Bills play in Toronto

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by y2craig, Feb 6, 2008.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    That's right, we're playing in Toronto. As a Bills fan and season ticket holder I am not fond of this move. So far we do not know who our opponent is in our other home turf. Not only do we play a regular season game there, but a single preseason game.

Here is the e-mail I received today regarding tickets:
    I know the Bolts play here in 2008, but I doubt that will be our opponent in Toronto as you lot are playing one game out of the country already. Give them San Fran or Oakland, but not the Bolts.

There has been talk about ticket prices being C$230, but it angers me more knowing true home field advantage has been taken away from us. As a what if scenario, there could be that slight chance we can be in the playoff running - fat chance, but if it happens the true blue Bills fans will prevented from attending.

Being a fan sucks sometimes, but when the teams future here in Buffalo has been rumoured to be in jeopardy we cannot afford to allow another city (especially outside the country) to take business away from Buffalo.
    :bolt:

2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
  3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    how far of a trek is that for you Craig?

I hear that you guys have quite a few season tix holders from toronto is that true?

4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    I live on the Canadian side of the Niagara River about a half hour north of Buffalo... and about an hour's drive around the end of Lake Ontario to Toronto. So for me too... if I want to see an NFL game... Buffalo is better... (and cheaper!).

Not many Western New Yorkers will admit that they need the Canadians to have any hope of maintaining a professional sports franchise. In a way I sympathize with their fears of losing their team.. but on the other hand I think it serves them right for never making much of an effort to integrate Canadians into their fan base.

Old Ralph is looking for cash and finally figured out where he can increase his earning potential. Now that it is more or less on par with the U.S. dollar... the funny colored currency from the north is smelling pretty good!

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    That sucks, I'd be pretty pissed if they moved some Charger home games to Mexico.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Though I'm NOT down with this regular season games in other countries, that does make sense. Because I've been Toronto plenty of times and they are major Bills fans. The Sky Dome is awesome too!

I would say "A preseason game or two makes perfect sense but not a regular season game to go with it!!!"

Though I really question this..."Our initiative in Toronto, like the relocation of training camp to St. John Fisher in 1999, is part of our continued regionalization efforts aimed at keeping the franchise viable in Western New York."
    Their training camp in in Toronto?

I remember back in 96 when they had a Chargers/Steelers perseason game in Japan.
    I have no problem with that BUT keep the regular season games in America!!!

7. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I am 100% all for SD playing in a dome in Toronto, then outside in Buffalo, especially if it comes late in the year for us.:tup:

Chances are it will be nationally televised as well, (I hope):yes:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. So you're not a Brownies or Bungles fan?

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey Craig.

This is a bit off the subject but what do you think of the Bills throw back uniforms?

I love the jerseys and pants but I don't like the helmets at all.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Bengals or Browns??:puke:

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm going to the Chargers @ Bills game this year, and if it's in Toronto ..... oh well. Doesn't bother me either way.

12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Both would be fun... but Toronto will be a faak of a lot more expensive!

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't care what it costs. You're buying. I'm just gonna show up. :lol:

14. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    It is typically about almost a 90 minute drive. That does not include the huge wait at the border. There are Canadian fans from the nearby Fort Erie and Hamilton... I would guess Toronto as well.

15. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I really like them. The helmet is quite close to the original helmet than the actual jerseys. It seems most of us prefer the throwbacks over the regular jerseys.

Hands down, the Bolts has the leagues best one and I would like to get me one of those LT jerseys.

St. John Fisher (training camp) is in Rochester, NY, less than a hour away. Like the Bolts, our ticket costs are being raised too.

I'll be renewing my season tickets and will be possibly be relocating to a different section. Well, if we both play in Buffalo for our meeting feel free to drop by and say "hi".