1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Bills should offer Marshawn Lynch to San Diego Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 15, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The Buffalo Bills probably will try to trade running back Marshawn Lynch. He has the talent to be a heavy-duty NFL running back, but his problems with the law and attitude are heavy baggage. One reason he didn't do much last season was that he never was in top shape after starting the season on the suspended list.
    San Diego needs a running back. LaDainian Tomlinson is likely to be released and Darren Sproles will be playing on a one-year contract as a franchise player in 2010. The best running back in the 2010 college draft is C.J. Spiller (Clemson), who will be selected before San Diego's No. 28 overall pick. The Chargers might consider Lynch a better bet than Jahvid Best (California), Jonathan Dwyer (Georgia Tech), Toby Gerhart (Stanford) or any other running back in the draft.
    Suggestion: the Bills should try to trade Lynch for San Diego's pick late in the second round. The Chargers probably would offer a lesser pick and Buffalo probably would take it.

In a perfect scenario, the Bills would get San Diego's second-round pick and use one of their second-round picks on Gerhart. A Fred Jackson-Gerhart 1-2 punch could be very effective.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com.../COLUMNS/Bills-should-offer-Lynch-to-Chargers

I don't think that he is an AJ type of player but I would give them a fourth round pick for him. He could come in and carry the load while our rookie is getting acclimated. :icon_shrug:

2. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    I hate Lynch. This guy has NO heart. We need team players. Its possible a change of scenery will help him. But I just dont like it.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    You know he's a cousin of JaMarcus Russell? Yeah the connection is too close for me, I'll pass. Maybe they can trade him to the Raiders for Justin Fargas, and Al can give him a 10mil a year :lol:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    so he's got immaturity, law and dedication problems

yeah that's just what we need on a team that has had immaturity, dedication and law problems throughout the last year

thanks but no thanks

5. count_agranoff

count_agranoff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    The only immaturity problem I think is worth getting into is drafting Blount from up here in Oregon. That dude can run and I can say from watching the Oregon media he seems to have learned his lesson. missing most of his senior year hurt.

6. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    No way. Not interested here at all. I find it very funny how you think the Bills should ask for our #2 and then on the other hand LT has no trade value.

Maybe a trade for a player or two would be in order. Like Tucker and maybe another backup who played allot last seson and showed some promise but we are not going to give up one of our top 3 picks for a guy who has never really amounted to much at all.

IMO, he is just a servicable back at best. His huge drop-off last season is a huge REd Falg inmy book.

In addition there is no way Sproles is coming back to this team with a $7.2 mill cost factor. If he is unwilling which his agent says he is to take a reasonable money long term deal he is going also.

7. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    If the Chargers actually traded for Lynch I would die inside. Personally CaronaDoug, I think you just like Lynch for some whatever reason and you jumped on the Chargers bandwagon a few years ago and now that LT is gone, you want to replace him with your favorite RB (because Ive seen you suggest Lynch coming to SD on other posts). 1. He sucks. 2. He has off-the-field issues. 3. We need a young RB who can learn our system and who wasn't messed up in Buffalo.
    I just cannot believe you would suggest such a thing.:icon_rofl:

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Why are people jumping on CD he posted an article. Unless he was the author of that article, you people need to settle down.

As for the article: that first paragraph really makes me hope we give up a 2nd rounder for him.

/sarcasm

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Says the n00b who just signed up.

:tdown:

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Wait. There was an article involved here?

All I saw was a thread title.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    the only way I even remotely consider bringing Lynch to SD is if we get him for a very low draft pick or a player/two that we really don't need. I'm talking a fifth rounder or a back ups we don't need that much.

If that's the case I'd consider it strongly because Lynch does have a great deal of talent and ability. But for a second? Not a chance.

Random thought; Cromartie for Lynch? Don't think the Bills would accept that as they have decent Cbs but still its a thought

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Them's fightin words man! CoronaDoug has been a long time Vet like me man!

13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Right? I don't think that statement was all that necessary

14. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    If AJ was willing to overlook character, i would rather use a mid round pick on Blount than a 2nd on lynch.

I mean dont get me wrong, i think lynch is VERY good, and is a pretty good fit for our offense but hes not worth a 2nd right now and has already been suspended once by the NFL, if he messes up again, he could likely get the odel thurman/pacman jones treatment and be suspended for the year

Earlier in the offseason, i did say we should try to trade cro for lynch, and still wouldnt mind that trade, but i just think lynchs problems are too much for AJ right now

15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    1) Yes I did jump on the bandwagon about 30 years ago.

2) I have? :icon_shrug: Show me those posts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Normally it is a Kaeding article that I am taking crap for. :lol:

17. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Well I apologize CaronaDoug. And i was mistaken, it wasnt you who suggested we get him.. I just can't see it happening

18. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Way to Man-up Szarmes.... :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'd take Blount over Lynch and it wouldn't even be close. I'd rather use a 4th on him then spend a 4th on Lynch (I'd be pissed if we traded a 2nd or 3rd for him).

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Lynch is a punk who doesn't play hard all the time. If we are trading for someone, I would rather it be someone like Jurious Norwood to split carries with Tolbert and a mid round rookie.

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Considering Lynch was out of shape last year and no one seems to know what shape he's in now, I wouldn't offer anything higher than a fifth. Even at that I'm not sure I want him and Merriman anywhere near the same bottle of rum.
    ---