1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bunkley a bust?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by O'reilly, Dec 6, 2006.

1. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Bunkley a bust? TO looking for Burress next week...Cower and Wolfpack?

Fox NFL reports:

Bunkley a bust?

The Eagles usually don't mess up in the draft. But they apparently have a problem child in first-round pick Broderick Bunkley, a defensive tackle. He was inactive two weeks ago and then he was benched last Sunday night in Indianapolis for missing the team flight to Indianapolis.

Eagles coach Andy Reid pointed out that Bunkley is the first player in his seven seasons to miss a team flight.

"Whatever excuse he gave me, whether it was a good one or not, didn’t cut it," Reid said.

Bunkley has been a major disappointment this season. He missed the first two weeks of training camp due to a contract holdout and never did anything to impress defensive coordinator Jim Johnson. He got about 15 snaps in each of the first couple of games, but after that, he was on the field less and less.

"You’ve got to produce when you’re out there," said defensive coordinator Jim Johnson of Bunkley. "(Playing time) is not going to be handed to you. We’re still working with him, but he knows he’s got to pick it up a little bit."

T.O. looking for Burress

After the first game, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress pointed out that Terrell Owens was a coward, saying he was sliding on the turf to avoid some heavy-duty contact if he attempted to make the catch.

"All I know, is that we've got him this week," Owens said of Burress.
    Owens was bothered by what Burress said and hinted that Burress will need to watch out for Cowboys safety Roy Williams.

Believe it or not, Owens was so upset that he telephoned his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about Burress. You see, Rosenhaus also represents Burress. And guess what? He couldn't convince Rosenhaus to drop Burress as a client. Yep, no satisfaction.

Cowher & Wolfpack?

The next rumor we are going to hear is that Steelers coach Bill Cowher will be the head coach at North Carolina State next season. Heck, it makes sense because Cowher’s family is already living near campus in Raleigh, N.C.

Now, Cowher knows that coaching in college is a LOT easier than dealing with professional players. But I can’t see him doing that. I can seem him retiring and relaxing for a season or two, waiting for Joe Gibbs to retire in Washington or for the some other rich owner to offer him what Mike Holmgren collects in Seattle.

more here:
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar

2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    bunkley has been a bust, but trent cole has been a beast which mightve affected things idk... anyways, i hope cowher does take the ncst job. a buddy of mine that goes to princeton was tellin me about one of his daughters there, and it seems to me like theyre kinda ez...bill needs to regulate. but yo ne1 see the one daughter on the superbowl special? kinda dank huh?

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i still don't believe that after one year a player can be a 'bust'

4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    what about leaf

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    a bust by definition takes time to show he can't live up remotely to his potential. Even after his first year he was a failure but not a bust.

Busts take time, one year does not a bust make.

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    How about Gallery?:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

A Bust or not.

7. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I would consider Gallery a bust. Even my "Raider Faithful" buddy considers him a bust and I usually don't agree with him on many things.

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    yeah but he wasn't a bust at the end of 04
    Sammy Davis wasn't a bust at 03
    The only way your a bust in one year is if your out of football that year and that's few and far in between

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Bunkley is a tremendous talent. He has as much natural ability as Warren Sapp did coming out of college. Find a way to motivate him or hope he matures and he will be outstanding.

10. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Just what a team wants...a guy they pay millions of dollars to that they have to find a way to motivate or hope he matures... :lol:
    How about the kid just earn his f'in millions? What a concept...:icon_huh:

At least Sapp had some pride and was a hard worker...he more than earned his money from his rookie year...this guy is a lazy azz slacker...with A LOT OF MONEY he didn't earn...

• Like Like x 1
  11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Well hey keep your eye on BMW next year and you will see why there is hope for Bunkley.