1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Burnett Interview on 1090 regarding VJ Injury

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Nov 29, 2010.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Kevin Burnett was interviewed on 1090am with Scott and BR this morning after the Colts game and was asked what he thought about the VJ injury. His answer: "No comment.....it's a team issue." Very telling answer to me. I tell you if he faked it, he will lose all respect from his teammates. Burnett didn't seem to be too happy about it too.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    So now it is leaking out.

VJ is faking it.

Not surprising considering the cash.

3. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    VJ the slacker...

and that's an insult to slackers. I had a feeling a 'fake injury' was going to happen. When we have players playing while hurt and vj comes in after sitting out and doesn't do anything but pull himself out...you gotta wonder. He doesn't even try and pump his teamates up. He just stands around and gets paid. He only came back for FA and it shows. vj's talk of commitment is just that, talk. All year we've had guys step up and perform. AJ should have let him sit out and lose FA but maybe we'll get compensated and pick up a player that wants to play.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Wow. I cannot believe what I am reading. Seriously?. A guy in his contract hour comes out and does this?. I know he was v poorly advised by his agents and has acted like an idiot ever since but now this. I hope this is all BS and he comes back and is the monster we all know he is for our playoff run.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    cancer

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    QFT

7. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I hate to think that someone would actually fake an injury like this just to sit on the sidelines, get paid, and accrue another year towards FA. The gullible side of me still believes that he wasn't in 100% football shape and wasn't ready to play last night. However, the realist in me is starting to think otherwise...

If he is faking it, he deserves

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    that was nothing, we had to give someone a shower with stiff bristle brushes once. He started to take shower's after we were done with him!

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Yeah, 3 million. What an insult.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    [​IMG]

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    VJ gets paid a prorated 6 games. Do the math. Divide 3 million by 16 games to get a per game paycheck and then multiply by 6. That is not 3 million.

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    He's not even getting that much. He's getting paid a pro-rated amount of somewhere around 450 K IIRC. But it's his own damn fault. I mentioned 3 million because that's how much he turned down.

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

A "Team issue"? An injury?

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I think he meant what he's NOW making since the cut in his pay

**edit, it IS his own damn fault, but you can't fix stupid.

15. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Good to hear he's not faking it now (the latest news I've heard). Apparently he's been a beast in practice the last few weeks, which leads me to believe that he is going to play to his full potential when he gets back from this injury... looking like he's out this weekend but should be back for the KC game.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't like the way Jackoffson carried out his business with the Bolt's but I'd find it hard to believe that he's faking it. If he were I'm sure the Charger's could put a bug in the ear of the league office. Merriman must have been injured also and that's what I understand the Bill's doctor's have said, so if someone is lying it's all being covered up.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    then you have an agent who is about as smart as 2 Raider fans.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    it worked for merriman. And VJ and his agents might think it will work for them.

The only bright side to these problems is we have to trade them before it gets to this point. The old rule is. If a player doesn't want to play for you he won't. Its the only leeway the players have for decades. And they've used it.

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Now now, you're making Raider fans look like geniuses here. Let's rethink this one.

20. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I don't think VJ will throw a chance to get a SB ring. That will only help increase his paycheck. He's already lost a lot of respect around the league. He needs to do something to get it back.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah .... with a ring, he could get drinks on the house for years. :rolleyes:

22. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Re: Burnett, guy is practically the bionic man with all the metal in his body. Not surprised he looks down on a guy that sits himself with merely a strained calf. Burnett has REALLY come on this season and is a large part of the D's improved play. Points to Smitty for picking him up. And up until the last few weeks, I couldn't honestly say that.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    if he is on the team right now, then if we go and get one this year, he will get one also. And having a ring does not mean your paycheck will go up. And your rightm he has lost a lot of respect around the league, I hope it stays that way.

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Like these guys?

[​IMG]

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    he'll also get his portion of the winnings. And I'm sure that would help his reputation any as well.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    There is a business term called "Opportunity Cost"

Most fans just see VJ losing out on the $3 million and can not see beyond that horizon. To that type of fan, VJ has screwed himself monetarily. If they knew the concept of "Opportunity Cost", they would be applauding what VJ is doing and they would also be gettting off at VJ putting it back in AJ Smith's face for the AJ Smith haters.

Not one fans seems to get it.

Hopefully, one fan (just one in this forum) will google the term and maybe a dim light will start to glow.

This is all about business. Screw loyalty. This is about money.

27. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I agree with what you're saying (I'm a business student by the way), it's just a douchetacular way of going about doing that in a team-oriented sport.

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool on being a business student. That is a powerful degree (I have my Bachelors & Masters in Business).

Then you are learning about "opportunity costs" and how it fits into a pro-forma balance sheets and various financial statements.

Another concept is "present value and future value" calculations for money. Pay close attention to those classes because that is pure power.

Anyway, when you are dealing with millions, you have to be a F'n prick with teeth in your rectum. Business is cold and rarely warm and cuddly.

I was going to do some opportunity cost calcs and then after just throwing around basic numbers a few months ago, I just said F-it because unless you are a business student or a damn good financial guru which requires what you are taking classes for it is a waste of time. You would think people could put themselves in VJ's shoes which would lead most of them to do the same thing. VJ's lotto is right around the corner.

29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    VJ had the "Opportunity" and it may "Cost" him. Btw, I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science but I'm a long time small business owner as well so I know a little about business too. :)

30. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I find it hard to believe that a professional football player would stoop to such deplorable tactics...but after Kevin Burnetts inteview on xx1090...it definately sounded like something was not going down well with the players.

If it is true that VJ is faking an injury for whatever reason...then he should be immediately released or if AJ wants to be really vindictive...Franchise Tag him and then dont even dress him all year on Sundays haha lol That would be mint!