1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Buster’s groin makes me happy!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thread_Killer, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Check out this article from Chargers.com. Craig Davis is fully-healthy, contract signed, and ready to get to work. I love this kid’s attitude:

Wide receiver Craig Davis never had any intention of missing a single training camp workout, and after signing on the dotted line on his first NFL contract Tuesday afternoon, the Bolts’ top draft pick accomplished his goal.

“I needed to be here on time,” Davis said. “With a new coach, a new offense and me being a rookie trying to learn everything, I needed to be here. I’m glad we made that happen. I’m ready to go to work.”

After sitting up much of the last two nights taking phone calls from his agent while the final details of his contract were hammered out, Davis admitted he was a bit exhausted Tuesday morning when he arrived in San Diego from his hometown of New Orleans. Fortunately, he had a little adrenaline carrying him.

“This is the most exciting day of my life so far,” Davis said. “Getting drafted was an amazing experience, but when you sign that contract, it sinks in a little more. I can’t wait to get on the field and work hard this next month so I can contribute right away.”

After battling a groin injury earlier this spring, Davis is physically ready. He’s split time between San Diego and New Orleans this summer, but when away from Chargers Park he has heeded the instructions of Head Athletic Trainer James Collins and believes his conditioning has paid off.

“I’m 100 percent,” Davis said. “I worked with James a lot going over specific things I needed to do to rehab when I was at home and all. I worked hard and it’s paid off. I feel great.”

Davis will be on the field Wednesday morning with his fellow rookies and select veteran players. The first full-squad practice is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. Rookies reported to Chargers Park Tuesday and will get a head start on many of their teammates with two practices before the majority of veterans arrive later in the week.

“I need to get on the field a couple days early,” Davis said. “The veterans know what to expect from training camp. This is my first training camp. Being a rookie, I’m just 21 years old and some of those guys are in their 30’s. I need to get that extra work in. It’s going to be fun.”

Chargers quarterbacks are among those reporting early, and Davis is anxious to build on the work he did with Philip Rivers this spring. The two have already begun to develop a rapport as Rivers voluntarily attended several of the Offseason Coaching Sessions designated for rookies so that he could work with his young pass catchers.

“I think Philip and I came together this spring,” Davis said. “Even when Philip wasn’t supposed to be there, he came to throw with me. That was really special for me. For a starting quarterback to go out of his way to throw to me when he wasn’t even supposed to be there, that was really helpful to me. Just having him in my ear telling me what I should and shouldn’t do, that’s going to help me throughout the season. I just want to contribute. I’m going to be a team player and do my best.”

Click on the link for the entire article:

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/contract-done-davis.htm

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would like to see why you love his groin but el pinche linky no worky...

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that title is just WRONG!!!! :icon_sad:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The first thought I had was Buster is healed and then you have to pervert this thread with your gutter thoughts :tdown: :lol:

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Buster's groin makes TK happy? :unsure:

Uh..... I think he's hung around Leisure for too long.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Thanks TK that's actually the most I've read about the guy and he does sound like a good dude. I'm more excited about Weddle but we'll see what this dude can do. :tup:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That's the finest groin I ever did read about.

This kid is going to make a significant contribution from the word go. He's go the skills and the attitude to succeed.

8. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Trumpie, the link is fixed.

Hey Sluggo: Nice to see you posting again. KMA. :icon_finger:

:icon_rofl:

9. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

That title is so Leisure:yes:

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    TK is into groin busters??? :icon_huh:

:lol:

Seriously, sounds like he has an awesome attitude. Very very encouraging. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    Sounds exciting! Davis is signed, and his groin is spectacular!!

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I post when I can. I've been busy the past few months, more so than normal.

(All these Windows Vista users having issues....... :tdown: )

13. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    One of the best things about that article is how Philip Rivers is going the extra mile to help Davis out.

“I think Philip and I came together this spring,” Davis said. “Even when Philip wasn’t supposed to be there, he came to throw with me. That was really special for me. For a starting quarterback to go out of his way to throw to me when he wasn’t even supposed to be there, that was really helpful to me. Just having him in my ear telling me what I should and shouldn’t do, that’s going to help me throughout the season. I just want to contribute. I’m going to be a team player and do my best.”

This is the epitome of being a team LEADER. Philip isn’t waiting for his star running back to retire in order to lead, like that wussie Eli Manning. :no:

What a little woman.

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    In honor of TKs most delicious thread title, I think for the season opener I'm gonna make what is sure to be a Charger Fan Favorite:

Buster's Grilled Groin Loin:

A grilled pork loin, lathered in Chaka's Mmmmmm Sauce. I'll rub it 'til it gets nice and warm (room temp), then slow grill it for several hours so it's moist and juicy when my guests sink their teeth into it.:yes:

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup.

shEli is also probably tired by now of big bro' Peyton showing off that new ring of his at the family get-togethers and saying "you'll never get one of these because you were stupid enough to not want to play in California". :icon_rofl:

Getting back to Buster. He's making more people think he just may turn out to be a special, quality WR that a team only gets maybe once a decade.

16. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    SheLi is the biggest dipwad I've ever seen.

17. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    TK - "Buster's groin makes me happy!

CD - "So what else is new"?

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Is it just his groin that makes TK happy? :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  19. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Good to see Rivers working with the guy extra. Rivers is so much more of a leader naturally than anything we've had in a long time....maybe back to Fouts or better than Fouts even, who wasn't exactly putting in extra time getting in shape.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    in 2006, it was THE BUBBLE

In 2007 it will be.....THE GROIN

In 2008....who knows

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    It's a very healthy, supple groin. What's not to like? :icon_shrug: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    nickel gets my vote for "Most disturbing sophomoric gay references" in this thread. :unsure:

23. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Alex?

24. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680

Sorry, we don't have an "Alex" equivalent over here.

You guys were just BRUTAL towards the poor little fellow.

:lol:

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Thank you sir... may have some rep now?? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Fouts didn't treat young players well at all, had no patience for their learning curve.

I'll bet his attitude contributed to our lean years after Coryell was let go.

27. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I am so glad we didn't get that little biatch ShEli.

Football players. That is what we have on this team. FOOTBALL PLAYERS!! :football: :bolt2:

Davis is going to make an impact this year!

28. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    Er...you mean Carolina, right?