1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Buster Davis put on IR, Clark promoted to roster

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Nov 19, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    http://www.chargers.com/news/press-releases/press-release-2008111991158.php

The Chargers have placed wide receiver Buster Davis (groin) on the “Reserve-Injured” list and re-signed tackle Corey Clark to the active roster.

Davis was limited to just four catches for 59 yards this season and missed the last five games while recovering from the injury. Clark spent the first 10 weeks of the season on the 53-man roster and was released this past Saturday to make room for Tra Battle on the active roster. Clark was re-signed to the practice squad after clearing waivers on Monday.

Cornerback Grant Mason will fill Clark’s vacancy on the practice squad. Mason is a 6-0, 198-pound former Michigan Wolverine who spent the 2007 and parts of the 2008 season with Pittsburgh. He began his Steelers career on the practice squad and was signed to the active roster for the last five games of the ’07 season and Pittsburgh’s playoff game against Jacksonville. He again spent time on the Pittsburgh practice squad this season before being waived on Nov. 11.

Positive news is this'll grant Naane more time to jump in at the fourth WR. Negative is that Davis is really looking like the first bust of AJ's career

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
  3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Sammy Davis
    Courtney Van Buren

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Busted...er Buster will not be a Charger next season.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Lets trade Buster and Wilhelm for Lee Evans in the offseason.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hope to see Naanee out there more often.

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Morale of the story don't draft a Davis in the 1st round with the 30th pick otherwise your draft will suck. (weird how they were both the 30th pick)

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I guess they must like Clark. Sounds like he might be another Clary. As for Buster, WOW. I'd say he is v unpopular among the top brass, a bit like Ricochet. Buster needs an attitude adjustment I reckon. Someone like Chambers needs to have a loud word in his earhole. :tup:

I'm not giving up on him just yet. :icon_sad:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I still think that was much more John butler (RIP) then AJ smith

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    buster never gave him self a chance yet being hurt all the time and with floyd,jackson,chambers out there your not going to get the ball anyway even if he was healthy

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Crap! There goes our season.:icon_rofl:

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    The guy killed his own chances. He was given opportunity after opportunity, and kept himself away from those golden opportunity. Floyd showed him up, so why should we keep him around?

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    BUST her has been dissapointing to say the least. Too damn fragile action!!! Shoulda picked my boy Anthony Gonzales. Sadly we'll probably see him this Sunday catching some Manning passes down the middle for the Colts......:icon_sad:

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    His chargers career just ended, but depends on the cap hit, which I think should be small if they cut him at the end of the year.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    So after less than 2 seasons we're gonna cut him?

Don't think so.

16. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Buster is toast... not quite a "Ryan Leaf bust" but still a bust. Davis will be in unemployment line- very soon.

17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I hope you are right and I am wrong.

18. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Not quite. IF we lose Sproles, try him as a return man? That's his last best hope IMO.

He sure ain't gonna see the light of day as a WR with the corps of VJ, M80 and Chambers...

19. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    He's too fragile to take all the hits a return man would take.:tdown:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Just remember, before you throw Buster under the bus, we all thought the same about Jackson after his first season and a half. He was too fragile, ect. Now look at him, he's probably our 2nd best wr.

I think people are WAAAAYYYYY too quick tio give up on players around here. Poor Jacob Hester is about to be tar and feathered after 10 games. 10 freakin' games. It's a good think LT had a decent rookie year or he might have gotten cut 3 games into his HOF career.

21. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    To be honest though, I'm feeling this way because of the situation in Buffalo. He's telling the staff the whole time that he's good to go and is able to play, then pulls out last minute. He got all that time with the first team practicing, and then pulls out and throws Floyd into the fire. Luckily Floyd is apparently fire-proof!

It takes a certain amount of toughness to play football, and an even larger amount of toughness to play it at a professional level. I'm not saying he's not tough at all, I'm just saying that from what I've seen of him, he's not showing any toughness at all. Which is unfortunate, because I think he makes a big difference when he's in. He's got talent, that's for sure.