1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Butler gets AFC defensive POW honor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Donald Butler gets AFC defensive POW over Cam Wake
    Posted by Evan Silva on October 3, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT

The NFL announced Wednesday that Chargers linebacker Donald Butler received AFC defensive player of the week honors for making six tackles, a half-sack, and returning an interception for a touchdown in San Diego’s Week Four win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

The best defensive player from the American Football Conference in Week Four was factually Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake, who registered 4.5 sacks of Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb as Miami came up just short of unseating undefeated Arizona, 24-21.

Although the name of the weekly award suggests it’s an individual honor, the voters apparently decided Butler’s team getting the win was more important. And this isn’t taking anything away from Butler, who had a very nice game. But Wake was more dominant than him on the football field in Week Four and should have been recognized as defender of the week.

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Awesome, even when one of our players gets individual recognition they get screwed out of it, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Infamous west coast bias again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    So apparently, "factually" = Stats that make you points in Fantasy Football.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Has anyone been handed an award with one hand and been simultaneously flipped off with the other?

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Depending on the scoring system for a defensive player league, Butler would still win if fantasy points we're the standard.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    To me it's sad all player recognition is all based on fantasy stats or video game scores nowadays. I remember when a QB threw for 200 yards back in the day and was considered one of the best if his team won. Oh these times are a changing' how I miss seeing Bart Starr on the field vith Vince on the sideline or Tom Landry in that suit & tie with his hat on the sideline, any body here remember watching the Oilers play at home where all the announcers would call that palce "the house of pain"? Daymn I miss those days:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Does Jay Cutler hand out awards?

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Yes, the Fickle Finger of Fate award. ;)

10. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well deserved by Butler ......................he continues to impress me with his energy and desire out there.

Now, anyone who can name the TV show that above award was apart will be basicaally saying ............"Yeah I'm an Old fart, so what ?"

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Both Butler and Wake are great players no doubt about it. Like most Charger fans I've been real happy with the progress #56 is making. A stud ILB for years to come, watch AJ extend this guy early.

12. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299
    Congrats to Butler. I'm so surprised though with Wake that a player was able to come from the CFL and be a pro bowler in the NFL.