1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Butler joins practice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Butler joins practice

[​IMG]

By Christopher Smith, Chargers.com
    Posted 58 minutes ago
    6-14-2010

Third-round draft choice anxious to start work.

[​IMG]SAN DIEGO – Much of the rookie buzz revolves around Ryan Mathews[​IMG], and deservedly so. The Chargers traded up to select the Fresno State running back at No. 12 and expect him to be a significant part of the offense.​
    But San Diego also traded up to select another rookie, linebacker Donald Butler[​IMG].
    Butler joined the team on the ninth day of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) after Washington held its spring graduation on Saturday. Rookies are not allowed to participate in OTAs prior to their class’s graduation.
    “My guys have been down here working hard and it’s been killing me that I haven’t been able to work with them. Really, it just feels good to finally be out here,” Butler said of his first practice since rookie orientation.
    “I think it went well. The biggest thing is, you’ve got to open your eyes and ears more at this level, because if you don’t hear something, you’re going to be a step behind and then you’re out of the play.”
    He’s done extra film study with Linebackers Coach John Pagano and studying the playbook during his own time to catch his teammates, who benefited from two extra weeks of OTAs as well as Mini Camp.
    Head Coach Norv Turner said he expects Butler, at 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, to make major contributions on special teams and compete for playing time at inside linebacker.
    Butler bench pressed 225 pounds 35 times at the NFL Combine. He made 91 tackles, intercepted two passes and added one sack during his senior season at Washington

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    can i get butler as my player in my signature thingy. He's gonna make us better.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Watch your ***, Cooper.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Big expectations for Butler