1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

By popular demand from the tailgate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 25, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    My awesome 5-cheese lasagna recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_78002,00.html

The recipe calls for making your own sauce, I just used good ol' stuff from the bottle and it worked fine. Its easy to make and tastes great. The only real altercation I have is that the oregano and basil instead of sprinkled on, gets mixed in with the cheese. It also only takes 30 minutes to bake

2. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124
    Yayyy, it was yummyyyyyy. ty for sharing the recipe :icon_toast::tup::yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    My Awesome "Maryland Crab Cake" Recipe

* 1 pound Phillips™ crabmeat
    * 1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
    * 2 eggs, beaten
    * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire™ sauce
    * 1 tablespoon Old Bay™ Seasoning
    * 2 tablespoons butter
    * 1 dash Tabasco™ sauce
    * 2 lemons

Place crabmeat in medium-size bowl. Add eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire™ sauce, Old Bay™ seasoning, and Tabasco™ sauce. Mix ingredients with metal or plastic spoon. You want to keep the lumps of meat but you also want to shred a little so it will stick together.
    Form into patties. You can get 6 burger sized cakes or 24 bite sized.

Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, then fry cakes until brown crust forms on both sides of the crab cake.

Squeeze some lemon juice over the crab cakes and sprinkle more Old Bay™ seasoning on them before serving.

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    These are great recipes and I saved them. ANT, when I make lasagna, I use sauce as the bottom layer (before the first layer of noodles) and in each and every layer... spread lightly. I tend to like the lasagna to be more on the moist side. I go to Collosimo's Deli by my house for all of my Italian lasagna ingredients. Gawd it's soooo good!!

I've never made crab cakes.. Might be worth a try. ;)

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    They are!!
    Just ask everyone from the Christmas Tailgate!!

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The crab cakes were just to die for. A person could even make a meal of them.

But how B4L said they are oh so very good.

They are some of the best I have had period. :yes: :tup:

Try and make a batch Carrie you will not be sorry. Carrie will say Yummers can I has some more please.