1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling out Castillo!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    OK, Luis - you appear to be healthy, just got the big new contract - WTF??

Four solo tackles, 2 assists, 0 sacks in two games? That's unacceptable play from a guy who has been referred to as the best DE in the game.

I love the guy, but he, along with others, has GOT to pick up his play, particularly in light of the contract he was just given. I hope that this "players only" meeting will get heads out of asses & a spark ignited.

Luis, be a LEADER!!!!! Step up & be an example of how to play physical, smashmouth football.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is early yet. Put away the tar!

:icon_tease:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No tar, just high expectations. :yes:

4. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Some time back there was a thread on who was going to be the leader of the defense since Merriman was on IR. I thought Luis was going to be the guy and I still do. He needs to be the guy to pump the d team up. It's time to open a can of whoop ***.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Didn't Castillo have back problems in training camp? I thought he did, but I could be wrong. :icon_huh:

6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Who was it that referred to him as the best DE in the league? He plays with a great motor and is good against the run and as a pass rusher...but the BEST DE? That's one mother of a stretch if you ask me.

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    calling out cottrell for letting opposing recievers leave the line clean free so the qb has the time to find recievers. Kind of hard to get to a qb within 2 seconds. What you want is more like 4 or 5 seconds to get to the qb. But thats kind of hard when recievers are let to go thier merry way.

Fire cottrell. Watch the replays. Check out just what cottrell has our defensive players doing. Might as well just let them score which is about what cottrell is doing.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think Dick Vermeil said something to that affect but I don't remember what he said, but it was a few years back. That's the only person I can think of.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It is early and I certainly have no plans to go shopping for tar but I agree with BM.
    Four solo tackles, 2 assists, 0 sacks in two games sucks!!

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Shaun Phillips needs to step up as well though, and Cromartie. These guys are supposed to be the stars they need to play like it.

The only really solid guy in our defense right now is Jammer. We need more guys to step up hopefully the player's only meeting will help result in that.

11. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Marty said he was going to be one of the best in the league, does that count:icon_shrug:?

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    dude needs to kill brett favre if he wants his credibility back

13. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    As I have said before Cromarties problem isnt Cromartie. He may say it is but thats his politcally friendly way of saying WTF am I supposed to do when Ted lines me up 20 yards from a WR.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'll have to search, but that term was tossed around in some of the articles about his new contract.

Tonight he needs to play like a man on fire. :yes:

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    What's my duty here? should I defend Luis even thought I agree that he and most of the D have played like crap? :icon_shrug:

Although I wouldn't single him out, every player on D (except for Jammer) has played below expectations

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I agree, this scheme looks like he's COUNTING on a turnover at some point during each series. If we don't get it, they score.

unacceptable

:tdown:

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    the guy played like a warrior today, thank GOD, now we really dont have to question his new contract.