1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling Out Norv

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Osmekaman, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    I have come to the conclusion that we have a spy amongst us - a cunning spy who picks up valuable information and uses it for his own devices.
    And the spy's real name - no other than Mr Norval Turner.

Evidence:
    1. We said the Bolts always ran up the middle for no gain 1st play of every game.
    Now we never run first play - invariably it is a bomb from PR.

2. We said the play calling was too conservative and didn't use our weapons.
    Now, the play book is incredibly varied and uses all sorts of tricks.
    Just about the only play not used yet is a Gates lateral to Floyd, who throws a bomb to Dombrowski (tackle eligible).

3. We said he didn't show enough emotion.
    Now he is bawling at his scary DC on the sidelines (not quite Tom Cable - but wow what a difference).

4. We said he didn't have a bond with his players.
    Now he's hugging LT on the sidelines and high-fiving everyone in sight.

It's good to see that you (Norv) don't subscribe to the Marv Levy theory that "the coach who listens to the fans ends up sitting with them" and pay such close attention to what the really knowledgable football folk are saying.

If indeed you are amongst us Norv, who are you?
    Are you an Agent Provocateur such as B4L, Mailtack or NoMoreNorv?
    Or do you pretend to be a foreign spy such as Dublin Bolt or English.

What do you guys think???
    :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I think you need another drink. :icon_toast:

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Listen, this is crazy. I think this entire topic should be dropped immediately.

If these statements (which are patently NOT true) held any credibility, the user would have had to be a new user during this season...a Norv supporter...made personnel decisions like the cutting of Clinton Hart...and...well...errrrrr....

Not true, I say!

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    B4L is really Norv.

:lol: :icon_tease:

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    So he gave himself the finger after a game?

The first half of the season was just a Jedi mind fuk by Norv. "This team is not as good as you think they are..."

"No need for the media to pay attention..."

6. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Count on the Scots to figure it out:lol::icon_party:

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I am norv turner

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I thought you were Spartacus? :icon_huh::icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  9. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    I think I get what he means

[​IMG]

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I want what he's smoking :lol:

11. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Smoke free zone my friend.
    Drink on the other hand is flowing freely. :icon_party:

If no one is owning up to being Norv, then i'll just have to announce that I am now officially a "Norvert" (convert to the teachings of Norvism).
    As for previous doubtings of the blessed AJ, I have also washed my mouth out with soap.

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, that is one UGLY Gladiator! :lol:

13. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Norv in a skirt????
    Maybe there's some Scottish blood in him. :lol:

14. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Norv is a Coryell disciple, and there are more of us than you think that have been supporting him since day 1. He may be the chosen one, he may not be, only when the prophecy is revealed will we know. May the long ball be with you.

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
  16. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Glad people are finally going with Norvism. More evidence on how Norv is better than Caldwell the Colts HC.

2:54 pm Coach Norv Turner said he'll wait until Saturday to decide which banged-up starters will sit out the final game. Their ability to practice this week will weigh heavily into the decision.
    2:52 pm Chargers coach Norv Turner apparently will use all of his healthy starters on Sunday, including QB Philip Rivers. He doesn't like the health risk of exposing all of his reserves to a full game. "If you play 35 guys an entire game, some of those guys are going to be hurt. People don't think of them as essential, but they are."
    2:48 pm Chargers coach Norv Turner disagrees that his team's season finale is a meaningless game. "It's not a meaningless game. Going and playing and staying game-sharp and executing the things we need to do, to me, is big."
    2:41 pm It sounds like Chargers coach Norv Turner will start his healthy starters against the Redskins. "Our players know we're going to play, and they want to play."
    2:38 pm The Chargers have a playoff bye next weekend. They won't spend it golfing and lounging at the beach. "To me, it's a working bye," coach Norv Turner said. "It's like your normal week of practices. It'll be light game preparation. That is not only how you stay sharp but how you get better."

17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Caldwell lost his team yesterday. The players looked very unhappy on the sidelines watching their perfect season get flushed down the toilet.

The Colts are going to be rusty and a few are still going to be dwelling on the coach pulling the plug. I see them getting punked in their 1st playoff game.

18. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    I for one will not be unhappy if an uninjured PR is withdrawn at HT vs Redskins. (Hopefully with a lead).
    Factor into the equation Volek getting valuable playing time in case (God forbid) PR goes down in Post Season.

How much playing time do you need to avoid rust?

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I would say they should play at full strength(minus the guys with nagging injuries, ie Merriman) until after the 1st possession of the 3rd Q. Treat it like a reg game. Do the half time adjustments, execute, then start pulling guys from the game.

20. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    We might not have enough bodies to from a starting D.
    Cesaire, Burnett, Phillips, Merriman, Jammer, Gregory, Weddle all have injuries of one sort or another.

This gives fired up backups the chance to showcase their talents.

21. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    I for one want to see that Travis Johnson, Vaughn Martin, Spillman, Oliver, and Cason can give us in a full game's work, as each one of these guys has a load of potential...espeically Cason, who may challenge Cro for a job if we ever get to see more of him :yes: