1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Calm down.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bigmike.x.09, Oct 20, 2009.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    We've come back from worse.

2006 -- Week 7, we're just coming off our second loss of 3 pts in the season. Denver is 5-1, we're 4-2. It wasn't until week when we were tied with Denver for the division at 7-2 that we claimed our throne. Result -- 14-2, AFC West Champs.

2007 -- Week 1 Home opener against Chicago. We squeak out with a 14-3 victory. (Yes squeak out, you can't score 2 td's and expect to win.) We will not see another victory for the next 3 weeks. 1-3. Result 10-6 AFC West Champs, one game out of the Super Bowl.

2008 -- We all know this one. 5-8 with 4 games left, Denver is 8-5, need one game to seal the division. Week 15 @ KC, we steal another win against them 22-21. Denver loses to Carolina 30-10. Week 16 @ TB, we come back to win 41-24. Denver loses to Buffalo 30-23. We're one game behind with one to play, prime time at the Q against Denver, we STOMP them 52-21. Result -- 3 time AFC West Champs.

This year could go anywhere, I remember thinking that Buffalo was gunna be really good last year after starting 5-1. Hell, even Detroit was 6-2 and look where they ended up. All I'm saying is it's still a very long season, anything can happen. So shut the **** up about your fire X, Y, Z, L, M, N, O, P bullshit and all the "Trade Suzie Creamcheese!"s because it's getting really ****ing old. And as Charger fans, just remember, we've been through WAYYY worse.

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    11-12 in our last 23 games.

We're an average team on a good day, and I don't like relying on a Dungver collapse as our only shot at winning the division.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Yeah. 11-12 in our last 23 games. You know there's a saying -- there's lies, theres damn lies, and then there's statistics. So show me YOUR bolt mother****er, its week ****ing 6.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    We were 11-5 in 2007.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Go **** yourself. 11-12 isn't a ****ing statistic you *******. It's our ****ing record. It's who we are. People who bring up defensive or offensive stats to try and prove how we're good are the ones who are ****ing fooling themselves. Take your week six and shove it up your ***.

You talk about Buffalo, Detroit, and Denver last year to try and prove that we'll come back this year. It's bullshit. You don't like what people have to say, then put them on ****ing ignore.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]
    I'm calmer than you are dude.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    youngsters, bandwagonners, and people who got caught up in all the media hype are having problems right now! They kept reading how great the team was, much like a lot of the players. Now that the real team has surfaced, the loud thud you just heard was all the bandwagonners jumping off the wagon!

The Chicken Little syndrome is rampant around here! If you guys don’t like how the team is playing then go find another team.

Myself I am sticking with my team whether they win or lose. I’ll be there for the Raider game, I’ll be there for the Eagles game! And I’ll be there for every home game this season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    IMO its not a matter of coming back from worse, its a matter of the team not playing to the level of talent, lack of coaching/ leadership, lack of depth and the management of the team.

We could get to the playoffs but are we going to go beyond the first round I don't think so. Go to the SB I don't think so.

When we have been through way worse we went no where near the playoffs.!!!

9. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    And that's what a true fan does...trust me...being a Patriot fan from 1960, and never having the team putting it all together until 2001 waas a loooong wait. Was it worth the wait and the years and the agony...yes. The Pats have won 3 SBs, and they are a respectable and potent football team...hang in there. The Chargers will at some point get it all together and reward the fans. It will happen.

10. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    :yes:

I'm pissed off at them right now but will get over it and will be looking forward to the future with the team. I will always be a Charger fan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Boston fans are notorious for *****ing and moaning far more than any San Diego sports fan has ever done, especially when you consider that you have multiple teams in the area with multiple championships. You can shove it up your ***.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Bolt's are the first and only team I ever knew about. Do I get pizzed, hell yeah, but it doesn't mean I hate them.

If I quit watching the Bolt's, I quit watching football. It's that simple. Of course that will never happen, until the day I'm on the wrong side of the turf.

13. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

I'd give you more rep, but I can't. I've put far too much time, effort, money, and soul into this team to just stop being a fan now.

14. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    We are NOT as good as those teams in those years. Our O-Line stinks !!! Our defense is NOT as good. 2006 led the league in sacks. 2007 led the league in INT's, come on, it's not the same team. There is no chance in hell we win the AFC WEST in 2009. It will be a football miracle we make it as a wildcard. We have bigger issues than other teams who will be fighting for the Wildcard spot. (BENGALS, RAVENS, STEELERS, NEW ENGLAND, even JAX, JETS, and HOUSTON are 3-3 right now.) One of those teams will be the wildcard, not the Bolts when we have to play at NY GIANTS, DALLAS, and DENVER, and home games against PHILLY, and CINCINNATI.

And that's assuming we win the games against KC twice, OAKLAND, CLEVELAND, WASHINGTON, and TENNESSEE, all bad teams.

We need to go 8-3 to make it to 10-6. Denver needs to just go 5-5 to make it to 11-5. By the time we MIGHT get things rolling with the O-Line playing good football in December, it will be too late.

In all seriousness, I think the RAVENS, BENGALS, or STEELERS will be the Wildcard, and AFC NORTH division winner. All 3 can run the ball, and play some sort of defense, and are not crippled like us by injuries. Also we lost to the RAVENS, and STEELERS, and play the BENGALS later.

I strongly believe the Norv era window has closed.

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Can Suzie play Nose Tackle??? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    If I wanted to find another team I wouldn't be here talking about how I don't like how the team is playing, I'd be on another team's message board pretending to be a fan.

I don't like how the team is playing because they're playing like ****.

Being a "real" fan doesn't mean pretending to like ****** play.

I'm spending a little over a thousand dollars and half my allotted yearly vacation time to fly to San Diego to watch one regular season game in December. That's about as hard core as it gets....but I don't like how the team is playing. Why should I?

The real fan doesn't take your advice, but instead sticks with the team whether he or she chooses to complain about it or not.

I may incessantly complain about the team if they play like **** (and anyone who knows me knows I'm not usually a negative nancy) and I may call out the head coach if I think he's an idiot (and anyone who knows me knows I'm usually giving the head coach the benefit of the doubt) but I'll still be rooting for the Bolts every time they're playing and rooting for them every single year.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chargersfanzclub

chargersfanzclub BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    yah I admire your patriotism SDraiderH8er

great dudes

18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    When I went into work this morning to face all of the transplanted co-workers who pull for their own hometown teams, all I could say was "Well...we sucked less!" (then the last game) and in my mind I am trying to figure out what the team can get fixed before they play KC on Sunday.

I don't like losing and I stayed until the bitter end last night...I'm a die-hard Chargers fan, it's what we do. I could write a very long post on the many things that have knocked the wheels off of the bandwagon, but I will save that for another thread. This team is beat up and having to patch things together with the "talent" they have and sometimes I am wondering what game Norv is watching when he calls some of those plays.

I will still try to find some post game pearls in a steaming pile of dog excrement. We have 11 regular season games to go and I believe we will see improvement (and more "W"'s) going forward, so as opposed to the "off with their heads!...fire everybody" crowd I plan to watch and see who develops and who is just taking up space on the roster. The "Homer" in me will pull for a playoff berth until we either get one or are mathematically eliminated for the season. If they don't make it, I will be buying my draft guides and talking Mrs. Cheapseats into next year's tickets. One of these days they are going to win the whole thing and I want to be there to see it.

19. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    My friend said "You deserve hella attaboys!" I'll stick through with it cuz I've seen way ****ing worse, and I don't give a flying **** WHO we play each and every week, I will scream and yell just as loud if we are 1-15, or 16-0. Season isn't over, it's week ****ing 6, and I'll keep saying it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Leo I was not directing my rant towards you at all! IMO you have earned the right to ***** and whine about the Chargers. And that you do not go off on tangents after every single loss. We dont need that around here. We all hurt after a loss, and there are those who find comfort when we come amongst friends.

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    thanks but there are lot more around here just like me. They too should get those some props!

I work with Several hundred people, and because of the nature of it, there are alot fans from a lot of NFL Teams. Raiders, 49'ers, Broncos, Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks, Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Cardinals, and the Falcons. I hear from a lot of them, I wear my colors when the Chargers win and lose regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Most everyone here knows where I stand on our Bolts.

But, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!!

carry on.

:flag:

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If it weren't for the Bolt's, I wouldn't even watch football. I hate poor play but getting all ****** over it doesn't change the outcome of the game.

I have always believed we can win every game we play. Even during the dark days of 1-15 I always believed this could be our week.

I do believe a coaching shake up is needed. Whether it's a demotion and promotion, or simply bringing in someone to help. Our player's seem to be distracted and not in the game, hell I don't know, I'm still hoping is all.

24. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm really loving your posts man.

It's alright to be upset at your team from time to time.

25. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Some people do tend to take it to annoyingly lame extremes.

Sorry about mistaking the direction of your post, then. I just jumped to the conclusion because it happened to be posted shortly after I made some complaints about the team's play and rants about Norv both here and on another forum.

26. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Tried to rep ya for The Big Lebowski, but I got that damn "you must spread some rep" message.
    :tup:
    Later

27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    All you whiney pouty piss and moan give up on the Chargers cry babies can kiss my ***.

Chargers for life - good bad and ugly. It's wednesday - grow a pair, throw some dirt on your wounded egos and move forward. Next up: KC.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    [​IMG]
    Syd, YOU ROCK!!!

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Look at the moderators attacking posters while preaching good behavior.

Look, since you love losing so much, become a Lions fan. Better yet, a Raiders fan since winning is a thing of the past.
    It's time to admit that AJ is bad for this franchise.

30. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Who do you think she was talking to?