1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Calvin Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Electric Chair, Aug 23, 2006.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am creating this because I want to hear some chatter about the next draft as I am a expert at the draft....Ask SanDiegoRon...lol!
    I will be putting out a 2007 mock draft for next year so stay tuned...

Calvin Johnson By far is the class of this class at WR. We will not get Calvin cause we will be around the 19 to 23 pick... HOWEVER I didnt like Ted Ginn Jr coming into this year, but watching him play he might be the fastest guy in NCAA. He has good hands and can flat out fly!

Calvin, Ted Ginn, Jarrett, Sidney Rice.... Top 4 WR!
    Peterson, Slaton, Lynch Top 3 RB!
    Quinn, Stanton, Tate Top 3 QB
    Posluzny, Gaines Adams, Merriweather, Moses Top 4 D

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Wow, a self-proclaimed gambling expert and a draft expert. Never met one of those before. You really are the Chump, I mean Champ. :icon_tease:

3. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Don't forget Samardjasjkshflsakjflsfjsofha from ND.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    Dude are trying to be a dick or is that just how you are? :icon_shrug: Shut the hell up for 5 minutes and respect some other opinions other than your garbage assed one, oh wait a minute you dont ever leave an opinion you just act like an *** and ***** about what others say. And yes I am an expert on the draft as I have been mocking for the last 10 years. Are their people better than me YES but I consider myself to be pretty damn good! And you talk a mean game over the internet I got your chump *****!

5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    19-23 pick? We are two games into the friggin season! Have you know confidence in this team?

6. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    I didnt i just think that Sidney Rice speed puts him a shade above Samardjiza at this point. Rice reminds me of Troy Williamson!

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Calvin Johnson is a top ten pick if he declares for the 2007 Draft.

That is just my opinion.

8. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    I have alot of confidence in SD but confidence is one thing realism is the other...So bro they are not going to the super bowl this year HOWEVER I think we are going to make a statement but we might fall a little short....I hope not just trying to keep it real! We have played argueably the 2 worst teams in football and havent played the likes of Pittsburgh and Cincy denver and Seattle yet I do think our schedule gives us a good chance this year with PR in his first year

9. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354

Agreed...Calvin will be Top 4! Nobody believes me turbo!

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_eek: Agreed 100% and to me He is a no brianer for the top ten pick if he declares for the Draft.:icon_eek:

:yes: :tup: Super Star writen all over him for any NFL Franchise.:tup: :yes:

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383
    I can disagree with you and still respect your opinion.

Sorry, I tend to have a problem with people who feel the need to announce their own greatness. I find it annoying, especially since people who do that usually don't know what the f-u-c-k they are talking about.

Glad to hear you are a mock expert, though I'm sure the irony escapes you.

Well, I am a mocking expert, so there. :icon_tease:

It takes more than many years of doing something to be considered an "expert." Aaron Brooks has been an NFL QB for many years. That doesn't make him an expert quarterback.

I express many opinions on this forum. I have predicted that the Bolts are going to win the SB this season, and I've provided more than a vague "analysis of stats" and a proclamation of my own greatness as proof.

You want to call me an ***, that's fine. But don't get pissed because my insults are more clever and original than yours.

You don't even bother watching Charger games or even looking at their schedule, and yet you claim to be an expert on the team. Sorry, that just does not fly. If that's your an idea of an expert opinion, I can't help but question your "expertise" in other areas.

As far as your draft analysis, congratulations on throwing out all the names that everyone else is throwing out. It's truly a gift to be able to regurgitate others' opinions ad nauseum. Pun intended.

12. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    Frankly I dont give two s-h-i-t-s what you think......And you are sadly mistaken if you think calling that the Chargers are going to win the SUPER BOWL makes you an expert for the Chargers. :icon_rofl: Dude I have been a fan of the Chargers for over 20 years, you may have been longer, I live in Cincinnati so I dont have the luxury of seeing every game like you do so maybe there is somethings you can tell me about the team, and as opposed to going on the net and looking at a schedule I asked so damn what all I hear here is Bengals Bengals, Bengals. But dont sit here and act like a dick everytime I post.

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    boltssb, you are an ***.

:icon_rofl:

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Mon 9/11 at Oakland WIN
    Sun 9/17 Tennessee WIN
    Sun 10/1 at Baltimore WIN
    Sun 10/8 Pittsburgh WIN
    Sun 10/15 at San Francisco WIN
    Sun 10/22 at Kansas City WIN
    Sun 10/29 St. Louis WIN
    Sun 11/5 Cleveland WIN
    Sun 11/12 at Cincinnati WIN
    Sun 11/19 at Denver WIN
    Sun 11/26 Oakland WIN
    Sun 12/3 at Buffalo WIN
    Sun 12/10 Denver WIN
    Sun 12/17 Kansas City WIN
    Sun 12/24 at Seattle WIN
    Sun 12/31 Arizona WIN

15. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    lol....nice post!

16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    You keep spitting opinions like they are facts.... "will be around the 19 to 23 pick".... "So bro they are not going to the super bowl this year".... Do you have a crystal ball? How are you going to spin it if the Bolts do make the Super Bowl?

17. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    Okay so lets be serious now....Do you really think San Diego is going to the super bowl? And I said will be around 19-23...Around could mean 25,26, 17-18. YOU are the one saying that they are facts. I am simply just putting out predictions. Doesnt mean they will be right but they will be close...I hope! Because in that draft slot their are some players I think we will jump on. Now I would much rather win the super bowl but I think we are a year or 2 away from that!

18. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Most people would assume you meant "as low as 19, as high as 23".

Saying we'll be picking between 17 and 26: way to go out on a limb.

19. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354

Your right I should have said we will pick in the top 32 unless we trade out of the first round

20. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    And again you are all going off the topic which is the top of the line draft picks at each position....Not what the champ predicted. So please if you are not going to talk about the topic take your BS to another thread!

21. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +479
    Hey all, we are not getting anywhere with this thread except having a pissing contest. Draft threads should be in the draft forum. Everbody's opinions are welcome here. Every store says their the best. Every car dealership says they have the lowest prices. Every draft guru says they have the draft 80% picked with 7 months to go. Lets let the chips fall where they will, root on the Bolts to be winning in February, and have peace on earth!:bolt:

PS: Moving to Draft Forum.

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Your "predictions" are not generally preceeded with "I think", "IMO" etc... therefore, they come off like you KNOW what is going to happen. And yes, I THINK we have a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl this year. We have a top 5 defense, the best RB and TE in the league, professional WRs, great special teams, and I what I BELIEVE is an emerging QB in Rivers. As a matter of fact, IF Rivers plays above average (QB rating 85-95), then I THINK we have the best overall team in the NFL.

23. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354

Agreed!

24. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Dude, I live 500 miles away from San Diego. They have this thing now called NFL Sunday Ticket. It lets you watch all the games. Even if you can't afford it, which really shouldn't be a problem for you with all the money you make as an expert handicapper, go to a sports bar. That's what I've been doing for the past five years.

I only act "like a dick" when you call me an *** or refer to yourself as an expert.

The Bolts are a helluva lot closer to the SB than they are to the 19th pick in the draft. Perhaps if you watched a game, you'd know that.

25. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    You may be right I just think thats where we are no offense

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Congrats to EC for finding him first!

:tup:

27. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :yes:

28. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    dorien bryant is what we need on this team.:yes:
    selwyn lymon - i told sdr about him & i hope he is wayching my boy.

29. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680

Maybe Calvin tears his meniscus and falls to 28. We could trade up and grab him.

:yes:

30. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    I live in cincinnati and see alot of Purdue and big ten football and yes Dorien Bryant would be a good fit for us. I think I would rather have a taller WR like Samardjiza or Jarrett. Or blazing speed with Ginn Jr. But Bryant is a stud!