1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Cameron to join Ravens

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3210229

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Cam's a good choice for them. He's like Mike Martz, great as an OC, suck-*** as a HC.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Definitely a new message and new beliefs to the Ravens
    should be interesting and i'm glad for Cam

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Just keep your filthy hands off Rivera, Baltimore... :icon_evil:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I've heard some very interesting fan feedback this season.
    All my friends in Baltimore don't like Rex Ryan.
    Also, my company did a seminar in Chicago in December and some people I spoke to said they don't like Ron Rivera.

Now I'm not saying I don't want Rivera here. Make no mistake of it.
    It's just interesting feedback considering these guys watch those teams as much as we watch the Chargers.
    I guess it's not much different than other fans saying we're stupid for ditching Marty after a 14-2 season. Yes, I was one of them but Norv has redeemed himself.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Rivera was the main guy behind the charts that Cotrell used this year to show the guys route recognition. He was in charge of charting tendencies out of different formations for future opponents according Ted Cotrell.

It would be a killer to lose this guy imo.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, we would KILL Baltimore again with that staff! :yes:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yeah. I think we need to completely leave our defense alone!!!
    Nobody else has intercepted Brady three times (including once in the endzone.)

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    3 out of the last 4 times the Chargers have played the Pats, Brady has thrown at least 2 INT in each of them.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    and not to mention what we did to Peyton Manning

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    :yes:

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We will be even harder on opposing QB's next year.

14. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    IMO, the Ravens just go a good coach!

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    SD could block him from interviewing for DC. Rivera is under contract through next season, and I don't think he's going anywhere until AT LEAST after that.

16. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    As a Charger fan, I want him on our staff for years to come. But If I was him, unless he is promised the D-Coordinator job in the near future, or even head coaching job, I would want out. He was a head coaching candidate when we got him, but did US a favor by accepting a demotion to LB coach, probably to help his resume and to learn the 3-4 while working with some real talent in a beautiful city. I hope he can become the heir to Teddy Cotrell and/or the Norv, he would be the young, dynamic coach we would keep here for years a la Mike Tomlin in Pitt or Sean Payton in NO. That kind of stability would go a long way, and along with a brand new stadium and our young superstar team and A.J. Smith, would keep San Diego a REAL football town for years, and build a strong fanbase.

As for Cameron, until disproven, I still have the hunch that his success was based a ton off of Norv's original playbook in 2003, and off of John Butler/ AJ Smith's awesome talent. Not that he can't succeed, especially with solid parts in D Mason, M Clayton, Todd Heap, Willis McG, and a reworked O-line, but I doubt he'll turn that franchise in an offensive juggernaut that they desperately want. Plus, Air McNair and Kyle Boller are not the answers. They really need a franchise QB. Maybe Cleo Lemon ends up in Balt. I bet Malcolm Floyd does too.

And by the way, isn't it amazing that Pittsburgh only has 3 head coaches in it's history?! Knoll is a legend, Cowher is top-notch, and Tomlin looks solid. Is that loyalty and job-security or what?

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Rivera might also opt to stay if he feels the Chargers right now give him the best opportunity at a Super Bowl ring.

Although, after he's been with us a while and won a ring or two, then I could see him leaving for a head coaching gig.

Regarding Cam in Baltimore, he really doesn't have to turn that offense into a juggernaut just yet. Not in 2008 anyway. I think if he gets them around 340 to 360 points for the season (22 to 24 points per game), and the offense scores two TD every game, then they would consider it a success, compared to what the Ravens offense has done the past two seasons.