1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Cameron

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers24x7.com, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Chargers24x7.com

Chargers24x7.com BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I live in Baltimore and Cam Cameron is being blown to smithereens here. I didn't follow the Bolts much when he was in San Diego. Anyone care to share their feelings on the guy? The consensus here is that Cameron is:

a. A control freak
    b. A horrible play caller
    c. not very QB friendly
    d. A miserable developer of quarterbacks

Some here seem to feel that both Drew Brees and Philip Rivers were stymied by Cameron.

Anyone?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    When he was here, it is hard to say how much of the playcalling was him and how much was Marty. According to Marty, he gave Cam full control of the offense in 06, but then pulled that control away once the playoffs came around.

I would take Cam back here (Only as a OC) if you all wanted to trade him for Norv

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chargers24x7.com

Chargers24x7.com BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    There's that old saying that one man's treasure is another man's trash. Funny around here folks see Turner as a solid offensive architect but a bad play caller when the game is on the line. But I would venture to say that here most folks would make that trade.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yep. One of the local radio guys has a buddy who does Radio in Dallas, and he has said Dallas would love Norv back there. Most Chargers fans would chip in for his plane ticket

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    "Hey everybody, let's run the reverse 5 times a game."

I wasn't a fan of the guy, but I can't say I flat out hated him like I did Marty or Norv.

• Like Like x 2
  6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    He called a good offense. Look at the Chargers production during his later years there. I think hes cut from the same Norv Turner tree...great coordinator...bad coach

7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Wouldn't want him but would rather have him than Norv any day of the week. Hell having Cameron as OC and no one as a coach would be better than having Norv at HC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I recently had this conversation. There are good and bad with both.
    I like Norv as an OC but Not as a HC. As a HC he allows the other team to get the upper hand . As an OC he is decent although I think the game has passed him by as the last time his Offensive was good was 92,93 SB Cowboys. I feel Norv plays to the other teams D.
    Cam I feel uses the players to the best of their ability. He uses the half-back pass (LT) reverses. I feel Cam really makes the D play to him. As a HC, nah.

9. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I think Baltimore's problem has a lot to do with play selection. They aren't their best offensive player Ray Rice involved enough, and to be frank Joe Flacco is overrated, and I really don't understand why they let him air it out so much when they have a great running back being wasted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm sure he has good things to say about you, fan boy.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    RETREAD!!!!!! No thanks.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm sure I don't care.

******* n00bs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I remember that crappy reverse to Eric Parker play. Also hated the let's line LoNeal out wide and throw to him for a 1 yard loss. But seriously, I wouldn't want him back here.

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Is there an internet forum where football coaches discuss Ride The Lightning's posts at Bolt Talk?

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Worst. Forum. Ever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    If we could get a good defensive minded head coach, i would love to get cam back as the OC

Was he the best OC in the league? No, but hes alot better than people give him credit for