1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cam Thomas loses his damn job to Lissemore

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Not at all certain that either is a true 'starter" at the NT position - guys who can play there for the majority of game snaps at a high level are rare. If they can succeed in a rotation then that's success for the team IMO.

2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Agreed. Not many Jamal-like NTs in the NFL right now. Aside from Poe, Ngata, and Cofield do any 3-4 NTs play more than 2/3 of the snaps?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. AusCharged

AusCharged BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    How has Lissemore been going? I don't get to see that many Chargers games.

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Lissemore has been pretty good. They were back to splitting pt last week. Out of 58 total plays on D, Thomas played 17, Lissemore 16.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,336
    I am not sure if the two go together, but since it happened the D has been improved.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    It coincided with getting our 4 starting LBs back and benching Cox for Marshall. Pretty tough to separate all that out, but those changes together have definitely been working a helluva lot better.

7. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,336
    Excellent points. Te'o seems to be getting better game by game. Though I would like to see him go 'Seau' a bit more, and anticipate and jump the gap more. Ingram is good. I would like to see Pags get one more season with a healthy D.

8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Te'o isn't and never will be a Seau. I think he'll become serviceable, maybe more, but I seriously doubt he's going to be a HOF'er.

9. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +617
    He had his best game against Oakland. Saw him meet the guard in the hole a couple times, stack him up and shed him. He's going to be good. Fans expected too much, too soon.