1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron OFFICIALLY gone ..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reddenedbeard, Jan 19, 2007.

1. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Greg Manusky for OC

3. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. as in your Linebacker coach!?

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Let the Search begin

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Chud for OC!!

6. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Lofton withdrew his consideration for the Raider job.. I wonder if he is thinking of trying for the OC opening?

7. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Thank god.

No more fake reverses 20 times a game.
    We may actually see some screen passes next year.
    We may actually see some draw plays.
    We may stop putting LT out wide, which makes zero or less sense.

I for one never saw the genius spin people tried to put on Cam. We need someone to ram the ball down the opponents throat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    Did you see the league leading points scored the Chargers offense put up this year?

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,298
    For the Browns, perhaps. :(

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm with Liecht, with the talent we have on offense I think a marginal OC can score a lot of points. LT scored a considerable portion of our total points this year and I think it was all about his skills rather than Cams play calling. I'm not really concerned with this move. A couple years back I really wanted Cam to get the axe. While I have a slightly higher opinion of him now, he still does a lot of things that baffle me.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,298
    Then why didn't they score as many points last year?

Did Rivers really make THAT much of a difference?

I can't buy into the concept that if the talent is good enough you can plug anyone into OC. You still need someone to call the right plays.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think the biggest difference was LT and our O line playing at near 100% for the whole season.

Phil definatly made a difference. He dominated early in the season, and pulled out some amazing come backs towards the end of the season.

I think the defense also played a big factor this year. I don't know what the numbers are, but we had a ton of sacks this year and our secondary played better than they have in years. All this helped out the offense in terms of field position and total posessions.

I don't mean to suggest that you can plug just anybody in at offensive coordinator, but I think there's probably a larger pool of people that can call a decent game than there is that can, say, lead a team to a winning record as head coach.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    CYA!! And don't let your 9 freakin' touches for LT in the 2nd half hit you on the way out!

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516

I like to think of this as the Madden mentality. Suddenly, everyone thinks it's easy to call plays because they can do it in a video game.

You ask other coaches in the league what they think of Cam's offense and playcalling. I guarantee they'll rave about it. Cam is a terrific playcaller. Obviously, he has a lot of talent to work with, but the idea that a mediocre coach could be just as successful with our offense is ridiculous.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516

I like to think of this as the Madden mentality. Suddenly, everyone thinks it's easy to call plays because they can do it in a video game.

You ask other coaches in the league what they think of Cam's offense and playcalling. I guarantee they'll rave about it. Cam is a terrific playcaller. Obviously, he has a lot of talent to work with, but the idea that a mediocre coach could be just as successful with our offense is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    I bet we have an Offensive Coordinator before the Raiders have a head coach!

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree wittcha, hell any one of you could oc the chargers with our weapons, oc get way too much credit imo, i hope the same things lets see some draws stretches and screens. cam seemed to try to hard. line lt up at wideout with turner in the backfield more and THROW to him. fuq a reverse unless its going to lt or turner our wr suck i say give the job to lofton or someone else who actually wants to be in sd, cameron can thank the superstars we have for his newly acquired job. they are the only reason he was considered, does hiezinga(i know sp) know that he only gets cameron and not lt gates rivers and mcneil?:abq1: :abq1: :abq1:

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
    No biggie, promote Lofton or the RB coach and lets move on.

19. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yep. i cannot articulate to you guys how pizzed i was that Lofton was about to leave and we were keepin some of these other dummies. cameron looked good to the dolphins statistically for obvious reasons, but do not miss him too much. our offense will be even better next season. now ima hit south beach and check out some titties. if i see cam there ill throw some AAA batteries at him for you cam haters (all 3 of you).

ps his last coaching gig was at indiana right? with randle el? never above .500? peaz

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fuc him up homie.... :lol: :abq2:

21. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yep, nailed it. That is the key I believe. I think (if you ignore Oben) the Chargers only lost one lineman for one game all year to injury. With the upgrade with McNeil. a healthy line that was able to gel together, and LT figuring out his slipping issue on his initial cut he had in '05 you had the makings of a scoring machine.

If anyone thinks the Chargers are going to fall out of the top 5 in scoring next year with a new OC you are crazy... perhaps even ridiculous. They will most likely be in the top 3 again.

22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm kind of hoping they let Rivers call his own plays on offense next year. With input from upstairs on what they see the defense is doing. CAm's big problem was he seemed lost on what was really going on on the field. He didn't seem to realize what was working and not working and thus called some real bone head plays alot that stymied the offense. If the chargers didn't have such great offensive talent CAms offensive play calling wouldn't have done anything. Just my opinion. Now lets see if the chargers can figure out what worked and didn't work and find someone that knows how to really make an offense work on the field.

I pray A.j. has input on who they hire as OC. marty isn't all that good at landing good coaching talent.

23. SanDimasBoltfan

SanDimasBoltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    nah don't think Rivers is quite there, haven't really seen Rivers audbile at all. This should be a big loss at all too much talent on the offenise side.

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    While Rivers needs to improve, as do all the players, he did audible several times during the season with great success. :yes:

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Rivers was audibling quite fequently this season.

26. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    A couple of reasons they didn't score as much last year.

1) O-Line solidified this year. Dielman had more experience. Hardwick came in bigger and stronger. Marcus MsNeil simply amazing for a rookie left tackle.

2) LT. LT. LT. Yes, we had LT the previous year, but this year, with a better line and healthy all year (remember he had broken ribs in '05 & a groin pull in '04) LT lifted this team on his back. LT = best back ever.

3) Actually our recievers were not as strong as in '05. McCardell & Parker had sub-par years. But, Rivers spread the ball around better than Brees. Jackson had a much improved year. Gates came up clutch this year a few times, but I actually think he was under utilized.

4) Defense. Our defense forced a lot of turnovers and three & outs. They got the ball to the offense generally in good feild position.

27. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Do any of you see Denny Green filling this spot? Maybe he isn't cut out for a head coaching gig anymore (ie. Wade) But Green has been involved in explosive(misnomer?) offenses hasn't he?

28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Funny. I thought about that for just a moment. He lives in the San Diego area.

I just don't see it though.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hmmmm...

Geern sucks as a HC but he might be a good OC.
    Not a bad idea!