1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone explain the Jammer incomplete INT???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Enormo, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    To me it looked like a catch and a fumble.

Jammer looked to have control when he initially caught the ball, then he took two steps which defines posession. Then Jammer dove over the reciever without touching him, the ball moved around a bit when he was in the air, he hit the ground and the ball popped loose.

But nothing after the two steps should matter. Would it have been an incomplete pass if Jammer ran 50 yards first and then dove, bobbled the ball and lost the ball when he hit the ground? No.

So what's the difference between 2 steps and 50 steps? I don't get it.

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    No I can't explain it nor can I explain the calls the sorry-*** Broncos are getting at home.

No matter JAX shoved a fistfull of **** up their asses today. :bolt:

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats how I explain it.
    Al never mentioned once that the ground cannot cause the fumble.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    It looked like an INT and a fumble, i can be conspiracy wise and state that the refs have to do something to try to screw us (this + adding more time on the clock for one more play for the Pats at the end of the game) but the only way to see it is that the refs didn't see conclusive proof to overturn the call.

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    That's when a player is going down by contact or hasn't previously established possesion by taking at least two steps.

In this case it was clear he established posession by controling and taking two steps. It was only after he dove over Moss without touching him that the ball came loose. Hence a fumble.

6. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Not to horde this thread but it depends what the original call on the field was.

If the call was that Jammer didn't establish possession because bobbled the ball while taking the two steps then maybe the conclusive proof wasnt there. (It sure as heck looked like he had secured the ball to me.)

But if the call was that Jammer didn't establish possession because he didn't take two steps then I can't imagine that they could find conclusive proof.

7. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    That was an interception-fumble, all the way.

WTF is it with the refs this year?

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    the original call was that the original Moss 'catch' was incomplete

9. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    yes... the implied result of not establishing possession.

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Because the Refs suck !!!