1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Chargers offensive line stay Healthy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, May 24, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

CBS Sports
    Rapid Reports
    5-24-2010

The Chargers offensive line was heavily blamed last season for the team's inability to run the ball. But center Nick Hardwick missed 12 games, right tackle Jeromey Clary was out for the final seven games and right guard Louis Vasquez missed two.

Even one of the Chargers' backup offensive linemen missed time last year. Scott Mruczkowski, who capably filled in for the injured Nick Hardwick at center, sat out the Chargers' final three games with an injury. Luckily, Hardwick was back by then.

Despite the lack of run production (31st in the NFL), the Chargers protected QB Philip Rivers in 2009, allowing just 26 sacks – only five teams allowed fewer. He threw for a career-high 4,254 yards.

Center Nick Hardwick was asked about the Chargers' inability to run the ball in 2009. "We scored the most points in the AFC (28.4 per game, fourth overall), and the object of the game is to score points and win games," Hardwick said.

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    hmm short read. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703

I Want Beef !!!

Is that any better... :lol:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    As if you had anything to do with the length on that article ??

and where is the thanks ? :lol:

Ungrateful bastids :icon_banana:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    i'm still concerned as hell about both lines:unsure:, but my life is quite enough for my ulcer with out thinking about that when I go to sleep:lol:

is it football yet?

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :lol: :tup: :yes:

I WANT BEEF AND I WANT A LOMBARDI :icon_party:

ANSWER MY PLAYERS AJ :icon_bow:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Speaking injury-wise, Hardwick has been the weak link. I think Mruc may push him really hard this year.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    What am I? A caterer? You want it on wheat with mayo too? :lol:

9. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yeah and don't forget my pickle... :lol:

10. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    CBS Sports
    Rapid Reports
    5-25-2010

Both the fans and LaDainian Tomlinson badmouthed the Chargers' offensive line last season. "We didn't pay attention to that," right guard Louis Vasquez said. "We won 11 straight, 13 total and led the league in scoring. In this league, that's very hard to do."

RG Louis Vasquez was one of only two offensive linemen to play all 16 regular-season games for the Chargers last season. "It's not like you just build a relationship with five (in training camp)," Vasquez said. "When other guys came in, it's like we never skipped a beat."

The Chargers get to work with new RB Ryan Mathews on the field for the first time at this week's minicamp. The offensive line came out to watch Mathews at rookie camp, but league rules prevented him from practicing last week.

The Chargers OL line appears solid now that backups have gained experience and players have returned from injury. "The sky's the limit," RG Louis Vasquez said. "The whole O-line pretty much comes back. We're tight and building on last year. We can do whatever's asked of us."

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Vasquez only played in 14 games. :yes:

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    there we go! thats what i was expecting the article to say the first time around, the first one was just like a summary of last years events lol

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Was there a subtle dig at LT there over building on last year?

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I like it.

Hardwick is my boy. One of the smartest active Cs in the game.

I like what this Oline could do injury free. Oyea and thank you AJ for the nice depth on the line of capable starter calibur backups.

that question tho is about as hard as the 07 question of will LT repeat his best performance... Only time and injury will tell.