1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Chargers turn it around?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Oct 10, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Special teams, turnovers, bad play calling, you name it. Once again we are 2-3 and all hope seems to be lost. Is it? Maybe and maybe not.
    If there is only 1 positive thing about losing to the Raiders it is that ST coach Steve Crosby will be fired before we get to the playoffs and lose there because of special teams. If we had won this game, even with a mediocre special teams performance, I'm sure Crosby's job would be secure and his bad preparation would most likely affect us later down the line. Frankly, we didn't want it as much as the Raiders did. Does it really take a team to go 2-3 to begin to care about winning?
    The way we play against the Rams and Patriots will tell us how the rest of our season will be. If we come out and rebound against the Rams and get our 1st road victory it may mean nothing if we don't win against the Patriots, our first tough opponent. We proved that we could turn ourselves around last year when we were in the same position. Can we do it again? With the proper adjustments (*ahem* replace Steve Crosby *ahem*) then we can possibly get back on track. Our whole division is 2-3 (except for the soon to be 3-2 chiefs) which means that our division is still up for grabs. Yes, I am disappointed that we lost to the Raiders but losing might be what it takes to get this team to care....

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I won't go as far as to say they will but it wouldn't be the first time in recent memory the season looked hopeless with a 2-3 record and they went on to make the playoffs.

In fact, it wouldn't be the first time in the last two years.

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Absolutely. Especially if you look around the league. Teams that you would think should be winning games aren't, just like us. We have a good team they just need to figure out the ST issues they are having right now. Also, by the looks of Mathews today I say it's time to take the training wheels off. He looks like he could be ready. We'll turn it around like usual and we'll be there in the end. What we do from there,,,,,,that's what has me worried.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    As I have said before this team is in serious trouble.

It will take two years to get the lines right.

Firing Crosby is a step in the right direction. The players covered Crosby's rear and now he does not have the players or the skill to take it up a notch.

Yeah the team is good but not good enough.

Anyway, just like Gates dialed down some of his routes to get separation, I have dialed down my expectations for this year's team.

And the Dombo experiment at LT is going just like I thought.....like chit.

Tolbert needs to get his head straight on special teams and holding onto the damn ball.

M80 grew up right before our eyes this afternoon. Props.