1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't browse without logging in anymore?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thejdog, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me too, on my PC...no such probs on my new laptop. Thumper tole me ta dump my cookies, i think :icon_shrug::icon_huh: :unsure:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It is true that some new restrictions have been added. It's not true that you can't browse at all while not logged in, however after a specific amount of browsing as a guest, a prompt will start to appear to suggest that you register or log in. You are ten allowed to more browsing, but eventually if you do not register or log in, you will no longer be able to see the forum.

You mention that true traffic is always reduced. I can only say I hope so. We have about 20 visitors to every registered member. These visitors contribute nothing to the forum. As far as a search feature for unregistered guests, the only site I've seen that on are big corporate sites that can afford expensive server solutions. Every search adds significant server load, so allowing non contributing guest to search will never happen here. Why would we lessen the experience for our members?

If you want to browse just a little, don't worry about logging in. This has nothing to do with privacy.

Different issue BFISA. The cookie issue had to do with the forum not logging you out properly.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sorry, stuck my nose in where it didn't belong again :icon_eek: :icon_sad: :tdown:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    My apologies Toby. I didn't mean it like that. I was just pointing out that this was a different issue.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    No prob Bro, my bad for buttin in :icon_eek:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,787
    people actually log out?