1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Say Merriman Isn't Trying!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Oct 1, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I was pretty stoked to see Merriman do his dance. What I got from that is he knows the defense is flat and he was trying to do anything to get not only the defense pumped up a bit but also the fans. When he did the lights out dance I saw a few of the players around him with big smiles on there faces. Unfortunately the offense let us down shortly after. We need Merriman doing whatever he needs to do get get his blood pumping, and if his little dance is what makes him happy.....then so be it! Dance away my friend...dance away!:icon_banana: :abq2: :abq1:

What was everyones elses take on him doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yup Merriman is trying, and teams are set on stopping him first. But even will all the game planning offenses are focusing on him, he could still dominate if stupid Cotrell would utilize him better. I want to see him do what he does best and go after the QB rather than dropping backing zone coverage. Yesterday is a good example. Merriman would have dominated Mcintosh all day if he was allowed to rush Huard more often. Probably would have finished with 4+ sacks. but Contrell still hasn't figured out that he has 2 of the fastest OLB's in the game.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think the defense let us down shortly after, like the next damn play on 3rd and 19 for a TD :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, I was glad he did it. The team needs a lift. Just wish the middle of our d-backfield wasn't so marshmellow.

And if Rivers could just be a bit more careful with his passes. I'm guessing he's trying so hard he's forcing balls into dangerous situations. I still can't figure out with as many offensive weapons that were not spreading the ball around more.

5. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    take this for what its worth, but I heard shawne was goign to be on dancing of the stars next season.:icon_shrug:

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Well considering DWTS just started and if it runs the same time next year.....I doubt it.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I have no problems with the players.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Huge props to my bro, just when I felt a small wave of concern heading his/my way, he proves he's still the force he's always been. Don't know why he doesnt light a fire under our d's ***. Oh and Weddle needs to start.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    part of that is because Wilhelm has been out with an injury

10. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Gates and LT are our only real offensive weapsons. Jackson is way too inconsistent to call a weapon, Parker has been hurt, Davis is a rookie, and the rest are a bunch of scrubs.

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    This always drives me nuts. Merriman is our best D player and he is on the bench on 3rd down? :icon_huh: :icon_wtf:

He makes that sack and then is on the bench for the TD play? :icon_wtf:

Did I see that right?:icon_huh:

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

yes you did.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Also, before anyone criticizes Merriman for bringing back the "Lights Out" dance, let it be known that his own teammates pleaded with him to do it again.

So, he did, at their bequest.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    AJ Smith is not pulling Merriman out on 3rd down

just saying

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We need to man up more and cut Phillips and Merriman loose on the QB's and RB's. Bet that would help Castillo and Igor as well. I was will to give Norval the benefit of the doubt, but he has just about run out the string.

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I think the lack of the dance is solely responsible for this season's demise and maybe even global warming; I think if it is reinstated we will win every single remaining game. It seems crystal clear to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    The problem on offense starts up front...I watch every chargers game from Charlotte, NC for gods sakes and I can see almost every play Phillip drops back, the pocket collapses within seconds and he is having to throw under pressure more often, which is why he is making mistakes!

Defensively as I stated in a previous thread, two things Cottrell's blitz packages are very obvious as to what gaps they are shooting! (2) Last year with Wade when we blitzed we blitzed, like the house...This year with Cottrell we blitz 1 maybe 2 guys and the blitz is easily picked up which makes us 2 men down and the QB still has a month in the pocket to pick us apart! Which is why we give up the big play alot more this year!

18. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Agree Rich...Gates and LT are studs...I'd put Lo Neal up there as well.

The drop by VJ yesterday was huge.

TBF

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I don't get to see players isolated since I watch from NJ but is Floyd that bad in running routes or slow or what? He can catch a mosquito in a tornado. Why they don't utilize him more is beyond me.:icon_huh:

20. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    fuc it merriman do what you gotta do man. take a piss in the black hole after returning a fumble for a touchdown if you have to. just do it.

21. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    WAIT A SECOND!!!!

I thought he was only good because of the steroid!!!

God i love watching this guy. You can really tell he loves the game and actually has fun playing