1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Nicks: Sign or Pointy?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    All-Pro guard Carl Nicks will be free agency’s top offensive lineman if he makes it to the open market unsigned. The Saints haven’t so much as made Nicks a contract offer since season’s end, and he told WWL-TV New Orleans on Friday that he fully expects to hit free agency.
    “In my mind, I pretty much am gone, to be honest. They’re gonna do something in the next four days that they haven’t done in the last four weeks?” said Nicks, referring to the lack of a contract proposal from the Saints. “I really don’t think so.”
    Nicks has all along expressed hope that the Saints would re-sign him, but at the same time wants more money than teammate Jahri Evans. He can’t have it both ways, because New Orleans can’t afford to spend so much on two guards. The Saints are strapped for salary cap space.
    Nicks should have no shortage of suitors on the open market. We suspect he’ll have become the NFL’s highest paid interior offensive lineman by no later than the end of next week.
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Oct 28, 2009
    Too damn expensive........ not AJ's kind of FA pickup. You know the type......

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Aug 14, 2006
    He's gonna get a 50M contract, too much for a OG. Grubbs is higher on my list because he's only slightly less talented, but his contract will be in the 30-35M range for 4-5yrs.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Jan 19, 2006
    Still think Grubbs would be cheaper and almost as good
    • Like Like x 2