1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Carlos Mencia's Demise

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LaDeezie21, Feb 16, 2007.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Don't know if any of you know or like Carlos Mencia the host of Mind of Mencia on Comedy Central. Carlos and Joe Rogan host of Fear Factor apparently have some beef and it came to a head recently when Joe confronted Carlos at the comedy store regarding Mencia's nasty habit of stealing his material from other comics. I had heard them go at it in the media but I didn't know it would come to this. I've posted a link to the video below, it's very interesting to say the least, even though they sound like two school girls arguing about who wore their pink sweater first but it's still interesting.

Enjoy

http://www.break.com/index/joe_rogan_confronts_carlos_mencia.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Mencia is definatly a total rip-off artist... and worse still he's not very funny. :no:

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    This news most definitely does NOT break my heart.

I've never figured out how Carlos Mencia's brand of 'comedy' ever got past the censors at Comedy Central. If a white comedian got up there and made the kind of racist, bigoted, unfunny comments Mencia does, he or she would (rightly) be booed off the stage and denounced by every talking head in the Free World.

As far as I'm concerned, his show should never have seen the light of day, and the sooner this jerk-wad is off the air, the better. He sucks, big time.:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I find Mencia to be very funny and yeah I know white comedians can't get away with 1/4 of what Mencia said, but it doesn't mean it isn't funny and if anything he rips as much on blacks and latinos and asians as he does whites.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    agree

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I thought he was hillarious until I started hearing about him stealing jokes.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
  8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    That was 10 min. of wasted time...:tdown:

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I wish I could refund your 10 minutes buddy but unfortunately you not only voluntarily entered this thread but clicked on the link AND THEN stuck around for the entire 10 minutes.