1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Carson Council says yes to $1.7B stadium

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Apr 21, 2015.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    hmmmm. unsettling news from the hated suburbs of LA

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Give it to the Lambs...

3. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    LA is still LA. The Boltz are still the Boltz. The Raiders are still the Raiders.
    IF the LA Boltz play like they've played here during the last 50 years,
    IF the LA Raiders continue to explore new pathways in suckittude,
    THEN LA will be the same fair weather sports town it always has been.
    Once the novelty wears off, that $1.7 billion stadium will be half empty.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    since the Chargers won't move to LA alone (they'll share a stadium with either the raiders or the rams) who would play where (colisseum, rose bowl) while a stadium is being built?

5. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Well....looks like that's that.........writing on the wall.....Bolts are history.....nail in the coffin....I'm sure this is exactly what Spanos was waiting for.
    Wow....what a fucken bummer.......horrible news.
    A valiant effort by "Save our Bolts"......just too little, too late.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    The nail in the coffin is when they officially announce they're moving.

Carson can approve whatever they like, nothing official regarding the Chargers moving has been announced or voted upon by league owners (which is another thing that has to happen).

Don't get me wrong, at this juncture I'd bet money on them leaving but that's different from acting like it's official just because citizens of Carson approved a stadium vote.

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    The site is still only one stage removed from a landfill and one of the largest methane hubs in Southern California. Assuming it even passes the requisite Environmental Studies and Evals, the kind of treatment it would require is going to take an additional 6 months to a year, and the site itself is still a logistical nightmare in terms of the infrastructure around it.

There's also that whole $750 million (or potentially larger) relocation fee that... let's be real... do we really see Dean & Alex ponying up that kind of dough?

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    would the Chargers move to that site alone or do they need the raiders?

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    750 Million? I never heard the number jump past 400 million. What changed? Also remember Goldman Sachs is paying for everything even if the Raiders split at the 11th hour.

10. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    I thought I heard the Q proposal would take 10 years to develop......5 years for the demolition and 5 years for the erection...eerrrr construction.
    Which would be way longer time frame than the Carson site.......I'm sure Fagiani is not "digg'n" that noise.

11. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +481
    I think there's some kind of "half-sies" agreement.

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    That's the conservative number. There have been reports that the amount Kroenke might have to pay in relocation fee to move the Rams from St. Louis to LA would be in the range of $3 billion.

Trust me, the NFL owners NEVER miss an opportunity to cash-in on stuff like this, even when they stand to collective see a boost in revenue from it or the opportunity comes at the expense of one of their own.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Yeah I wonder if that jackass who wore a half raiders/half chargers jersey was voting in that. He should be bared from public service for that abomination alone.

Carson can vote to approve a stadium but they still have to deal with the joy of environmental studies and labor union payoffs before they can even think about it

14. Hgrove99

Hgrove99 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    "There are two things we need in California: rain … and football," Carson Mayor Albert Robles said after the 3-0 vote. "And football is coming to Carson!"....what a moron

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Each team that moves to LA will have to pay a relocation fee to the nfl. LA is a big bargaining chip for any team that wants a new stadium. Heard today that it will be about 500M(Mort) per team.

At this point I would say STL is the top candidate. Ready to break ground and they can easily pony up 500M. My money is on the Rams returning to LA and chargers or raiders joining in.

16. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Carson can only make avoid ruin by having both teams in that proposed stadium. Otherwise, they will lose money for 30 straight years...... just in time to replace the stadium. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1